Thread: Setting up a Toshiba Tecra M4

Beans

Angry Setting up a Toshiba Tecra M4

Hi everyone,

Could someone please help me with setting up my Toshiba Tecra M4, The pen works on the screen right from live cd, but only works for left click except in xournal, in which the eraser works. When I open grandr, I can rotate the screen, but the pen doesnt rotate at all, and also auto rotation doesnt work. Now I've heard people getting it all working, but I'm struggling to put all that I find online together to get it all working, so was wondering if anyone on here has had any luck with it and could I have some help with it please, I'm not a complete newbie with ubuntu and linux, but somethings I'm still a little slow at grasping on my own, hope I can get some help.

Kind regards,

Rob

*edit* P.S. I am running Ubuntu 10.04.
    Last edited by robertahilljr; August 18th, 2011 at 07:57 PM. Reason: Forgot to add some info.

Beans

Re: Setting up a Toshiba Tecra M4

The trick is in writing a script which will rotate the display with xrandr as well as the wacom input with xsetwacom.

copy the following into gedit and save them as "rotate[insert direction].sh"

down
    Code:
    #!/bin/sh

xrandr -o inverted
    xsetwacom set "Serial Wacom Tablet stylus" rotate half
    xsetwacom set "Serial Wacom Tablet eraser" rotate half
    ;;
    esac
    up
    Code:
    #!/bin/sh

xrandr -o normal
    xsetwacom set "Serial Wacom Tablet stylus" rotate none
    xsetwacom set "Serial Wacom Tablet eraser" rotate none
    ;;
    esac
    left
    Code:
    #!/bin/sh

# rotate to the left
        xrandr -o left
        xsetwacom set "Serial Wacom Tablet stylus" rotate cw
        xsetwacom set "Serial Wacom Tablet eraser" rotate cw
        ;;
    esac
    right
    Code:
    #!/bin/sh
        #rotate to the right
        xrandr -o right
        xsetwacom set "Serial Wacom Tablet stylus" rotate ccw
        xsetwacom set "Serial Wacom Tablet eraser" rotate ccw
        ;;
    esac
    Then use the keyboard settings window to bind these scripts to the little stick via application shortcuts.

If all works well, you will have a Tecra that rotates both screen and wacom input simultenaously at the push of a button!

Beans

Re: Setting up a Toshiba Tecra M4

Hi Nachtholm,

Thanks for the reply, Ive not set up key shortcuts yet as now using KDE and still learning my way round it but got shortcuts to the scripts on my desktop and works a treats, so thank you!

Do you mind if I write a document somewhere on how to set up touchscreen on the Tecra M4 using your scripts?

Rob