Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Wakfu by Square Enix and Akanma

Beans

Re: Wakfu by Square Enix and Akanma

I've tried it and while the graphics are great and gameplay is interesting it doesn't work right.

I've tested it on Windows, Mac and Ubuntu and the same happens.

Me and the Mrs played it together and more than half the time we couldn't see eachother, it's like when you enter in an area each area can only hold a certain amount of people if that makes sense. Playing on the same server and everything, logging out and in a couple times sometimes fixes it. We would see completely different people as if we where in a different "room" of the same map.

So because of that it makes it unplayable as you can't always play with friends as half the time they may be in a different "room".

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 16.04 Xenial Xerus

Quote Originally Posted by ELD View Post
    I've tried it and while the graphics are great and gameplay is interesting it doesn't work right.

I've tested it on Windows, Mac and Ubuntu and the same happens.

Me and the Mrs played it together and more than half the time we couldn't see eachother, it's like when you enter in an area each area can only hold a certain amount of people if that makes sense. Playing on the same server and everything, logging out and in a couple times sometimes fixes it. We would see completely different people as if we where in a different "room" of the same map.

So because of that it makes it unplayable as you can't always play with friends as half the time they may be in a different "room".
    I found a post in their official forum saying that the tutorial area is instanced because it gets so populated. Apparently there is some sort of portal you can go through. It also said that once you get out of the tutorial section the instancing should go away.

If you were in the tutorial then that could be the issue. If not, then I have no idea.

Edit: I have installed it and I ran into two issues. The first issue was block-like text; I fixed that. However, the game locks up my entire computer when I create my character and spawn into the world. I'm using an integrated Intel HD and 12.04 Development Release. I've read others are having the problem but I can find no solution.
    Last edited by Carpentr; March 9th, 2012 at 12:21 AM.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu

Quote Originally Posted by Carpentr View Post
    I found a post in their official forum saying that the tutorial area is instanced because it gets so populated. Apparently there is some sort of portal you can go through. It also said that once you get out of the tutorial section the instancing should go away.

If you were in the tutorial then that could be the issue. If not, then I have no idea.

Edit: I have installed it and I ran into two issues. The first issue was block-like text; I fixed that. However, the game locks up my entire computer when I create my character and spawn into the world. I'm using an integrated Intel HD and 12.04 Development Release. I've read others are having the problem but I can find no solution.
    I also have IntelHD with 12.04, run perfectly fine with highest settings, I'm using 64bit btw
    Dell Inspiron 1464
    Intel Core-i3 @ 2.13Ghz | 4G 1066Mhz DDR3
    GMA HD | Intel SSD 80Gb |
    Running Ubuntu 12.04 "Precise"

Beans
    Distro

Quote Originally Posted by Funnnny View Post
    I also have IntelHD with 12.04, run perfectly fine with highest settings, I'm using 64bit btw
    I did manage to fix the freezing problem by lowering my settings from high to medium. Odd that it would lock up my entire system, but I am happy enough that it runs.

Beans

Instanced that's the word i was looking for heh.

Would you mind pointing me to that post? If it's only in the tutorial areas i may pick it up again.

Beans
    Distro

Quote Originally Posted by ELD View Post
    Instanced that's the word i was looking for heh.

Would you mind pointing me to that post? If it's only in the tutorial areas i may pick it up again.
    Here is the link:

http://www.wakfu.com/na/forum/209-wi...visible-friend

This thread also seems to confirm that only the tutorial areas are instanced.

http://www.wakfu.com/na/forum/127-ge...-group-members

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu

I'm around 17-20, can someone point me to the area that I can train or do the quest
    Dell Inspiron 1464

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

am getting the block-like text, how i fix this?
    When close to achieving you quit! If you don't try you failed. Real Winners are not afraid of losing.
    ubuntu newsletter ; Report Papercuts (small annoyances/bugs) ; beginners guide and video http://youtube.com/watch?v=Z0tNpt5RZYI

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu

Quote Originally Posted by madjr View Post
    am getting the block-like text, how i fix this?
    If you're using Intel card, enable S3TC compression by using 3D Acceleration app
    Dell Inspiron 1464

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by j814wong View Post
    Well, this normally isn't my type of game but the moment I heard it supported Linux, I just went with it and tried it out. The game play and the mechanics of the game are quite good. I haven't gotten all too far yet so I don't have much to say yet. You should try it! I'm xShinkiroux on the NA server aka NOX server
    I have been thinking of trying it for the same reason.
    Linux user: #515312 Ubuntu User: #31679
    Multi Platform Software House
    Web site and cross platform software developer.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast