I had a look at this a while back and based on this link, came pretty close.
1. Install necessary components:
2. Start a nested X session:
sudo apt-get install xserver-xephyr x11vnc xtightvncviewer
3. Start the wine app in the nested x session:
Xephyr :5 -ac -screen 640x480 &
...then minimize the Xephyr window (better performance if there aren't 2 seperate screen redraws happening).
DISPLAY=:5 wine DUNE2000.EXE &
4. Start the X11vnc server and attach it to the correct display:
...(note the scaling parameter - scale to twice its size)
x11vnc -nocursor -localhost -scale 2:nb -display :5 &
5. Connect using a vncviewer:
Viola! The only issue I had was somewhat sluggish performance as compared to a regular wine run.
xtightvncviewer -compresslevel 0 -nojpeg localhost