Thread: 10.04 host - Issues installing drivers on winXP guest

Beans

10.04 host - Issues installing drivers on winXP guest

I am having issues installing drivers on my windows XP guest os while using virtualbox OSE on ubuntu 10.04.

I believe I properly installed the virtualbox guest additions by going into safe mode. I see the icon in the taskbar on the lower right.

I also believe I installed the wined3d by going into safe mode. However I do not remember seeing any verification that it was installed.

Now I went through and installed all of the .net frameworks in order starting with 1.1 (My windows installation already came with 1.0) and now have SP3.

My motherboard is an MSI 890FXA-GD65 but I did not have trouble with most of the drivers for that.

My GPU is what is giving me the issue.
    My graphics card is a MSI N560GTX-TI twin frozr II
    From what I can gather MSI suggest installing their "Live update 5" to receive driver updates. I have installed "Live Update 5" but when I run it my entire VM instantly starts to bootup. There is no turning off, 1 second I'm on my desktop and the next it looks as if I just turned on the VM with the "Press F12 key to select..........." message.

If anyone has any insight, I would greatly appreciate it.
    Dan

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu 22.04 Jammy Jellyfish

Re: 10.04 host - Issues installing drivers on winXP guest

You don't need to install the drivers for the host system on the guest.

The guest additions take care of the drivers required as the hardware is virtualized.
    Come to #ubuntuforums! We have cookies! | Basic Ubuntu Security Guide

Tomorrow's an illusion and yesterday's a dream, today is a solution...