Thread: Ubuntu 11.10 - battery drains after complete shutdown on HP Mini 110

Beans

Unhappy Ubuntu 11.10 - battery drains after complete shutdown on HP Mini 110

I have recently got a HP Mini netbook which has Win 7 installed. I dual booted it with Ubuntu 11.10. After a complete shutdown from Ubuntu when I restart the system the battery power seems to have reduced almost by 50% after 12/14 hours. If I shutdown from Windows the same does not happen and the charge remains almost same even after 24 hours. I found that similar issues were reported earlier and probably were fixed with newer kernels, but for me the issue is still there. Any help would be great as I would like to take the netbook with me on frequent travels.

Thanks!

Beans

Smile Re: Ubuntu 11.10 - battery drains after complete shutdown on HP Mini 110

There have been a lot of reported battery drain problems with the latest versions of Ubuntu. I don't know if this will help your exact needs, but the applet Jupiter should help with battery drain in Ubuntu in general. http://www.webupd8.org/2012/03/jupit...thon-gets.html try it out. Hope it works!
    Last edited by linuxalien; March 14th, 2012 at 07:00 AM. Reason: Misspelling