Thread: Detecting video settings in terminal

Beans
    Distro
    Kubuntu 14.04 Trusty Tahr

Detecting video settings in terminal

I want to write a script that will toggle video settings. I have two sets of settings saved using auto-disper/autorandr. One set of settings is for single monitor mode and the other is for dual monitor mode. I want my script to detect the current settings and then toggle to the other set of settings. Ive got most of it laid out, but I cant figure out how to detect if my second monitor is active or not. I know that is has something to do with the program nvidia-settings, but dont know which attribute to look at. Any help??

Graphics: Nvidia GeForce GTX 550 Ti

Beans

Re: Detecting video settings in terminal

Quote Originally Posted by whatthefunk View Post
    I want to write a script that will toggle video settings. I have two sets of settings saved using auto-disper/autorandr. One set of settings is for single monitor mode and the other is for dual monitor mode. I want my script to detect the current settings and then toggle to the other set of settings. Ive got most of it laid out, but I cant figure out how to detect if my second monitor is active or not. I know that is has something to do with the program nvidia-settings, but dont know which attribute to look at. Any help?i
    Whatever the card it'll be using/provding a 'framebuffer', so fbset should provide information about the device and its current settings.

HTH ... khay

Beans
    Distro

Re: Detecting video settings in terminal

Tried that....none of the options for fbset show whether my second monitor is activated or not.

Beans
    Distro

Re: buy zithromax by cod buy zithromycin

May have figured it out.
    The outputs of disper -l -v from the auto-dipser script vary depending on which monitors are active. As long as the variations are consistant, I can write a script to pick up on these differences. Will play around and see if this works....