Thread: Is there a media player that...

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 20.04 Focal Fossa

Is there a media player that...

Okay so on my Windows installation I have the Zune media player, it has a very nice borderless mini mode in which the media controls appear on mouse over and are overlayed in a nice way over the video. (screenshot coming, I have to reboot to grab it) Unfortunately it doesn't support playlists for videos (so I can't listen to a list of music videos while I'm working)

Is there a media player that works in both Windows and Linux, that has such a mini mode that I can have a small, borderless video playing in the corner of my screen that is always on top, and supports playlists for video files? VLC, Banshee, and Windows Media Player (in windows) either don't have a minimode, or the minimode has ugly toolbars/borders.

Suggestions would be great.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by jerome1232; March 1st, 2012 at 09:37 AM.
    "You can't expect to hold supreme executive power just because some watery tart lobbed a sword at you"

"Don't let your mind wander -- it's too little to be let out alone."

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 20.04 Focal Fossa

Re: Is there a media player that...

*shameless bump*

I did find that the default "movie player" can come close via resizing it's window and unticking "show controls", is there a way I can get rid of the window decoration via compiz on that one window?
    "You can't expect to hold supreme executive power just because some watery tart lobbed a sword at you"

"Don't let your mind wander -- it's too little to be let out alone."