Thread: Need Help Troubleshooting x2go Server Problem

Ubuntu Breezy 5.10

Need Help Troubleshooting x2go Server Problem

I have been using x2go Server on my 11.10 desktop machine with no problems for several months but today I can't connect. When I try it looks like it's starting the session, but the full screen window closes before displaying the x2go splash screen.

I have no problems connecting via ssh using Putty.

The only thing I could find in the server's logs related to this was in auth.log:

Feb 29 07:51:28 ubuntu-desktop dbus[932]: [system] Rejected send message, 2 matched rules; type="method_call", sender=":1.59" (uid=1000 pid=8512 comm="nm-applet ") interface="org.freedesktop.NetworkManager" member="GetPermissions" error name="(unset)" requested_reply="0" destination="org.freedesktop.NetworkManager" (uid=0 pid=983 comm="NetworkManager ")

I used tail -f /var/log/auth.log to verify this message appears when attempting to connect via the x2go client.

Additional info

uname -a: Linux ubuntu-desktop 3.0.0-16-generic #28-Ubuntu SMP Fri Jan 27 17:44:39 UTC 2012 x86_64 x86_64 x86_64 GNU/Linux

x2go session type: custom desktop, command: gnome-session --session=ubuntu-2d

The only thing I can think of that changed was a routine package upgrade last night, but I don't know what packages were upgraded and don't know how to find out. Is there a log that shows package upgrade history? My guess is something is breaking the x2go authentication?

Thanks for any help anyone can provide to help me troubleshoot this.

Athens, GA
    Kubuntu 6.10 Edgy

Re: Need Help Troubleshooting x2go Server Problem

I'll help bump this as I also just started having the same problem. It was after the upgrade.
    Last edited by FractalBrain; March 2nd, 2012 at 02:00 AM. Reason: Wrong word

Same here. Thanks.

I saw this posted in the X2goserver mailing list. I fixed the two symlinks and everything is fine. Note the files are now located in /usr/lib/nx/X11

"Please fix two broken symlinks in /usr/lib/nx/X11/Xinerama manually
    and then your system should be online again."
    Last edited by dpippin; March 5th, 2012 at 03:56 AM. Reason: Found the fix