Page 26 of 30 FirstFirst ... 162425262728 ... LastLast

Thread: Dell XPS 13 ultrabook compatibility

Beans

Re: Dell XPS 13 ultrabook compatibility

Quote Originally Posted by beerfan View Post
    Can you point me to the tweaks you mention, or at least the page it can be found on? I have slow wifi speed also and I'd love to know how to fix it.
    I was referring to post #195 (on page 20) in this thread.

Beans

I have little sound noise when the brightness is not at the maximum with Ubuntu 12.10, while when the brightness is at the max no sound noise. I don't know to fix it.
    Like http://en.community.dell.com/support.../19397368.aspx
    Last edited by Snake231088; April 20th, 2013 at 01:49 PM.

Beans

I'm running 13.04 now on the XPS 13 and noticed that horizontal two-finger scroll isn't working?? Anyone know how to enable this?

Also... and this is a longshot, has anyone figured out how to customize the gestures? I'd love to get three-finger left=back right=forward working...

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by blackstripes View Post
    I'm running 13.04 now on the XPS 13 and noticed that horizontal two-finger scroll isn't working?? Anyone know how to enable this?

Also... and this is a longshot, has anyone figured out how to customize the gestures? I'd love to get three-finger left=back right=forward working...
    I'm using xSwipe, works pretty good. You can read more here: http://en.community.dell.com/techcen.../19467783.aspx

Beans

Beans

Do you all have the little power supply shown in the review? The power supply that came with my xps12 seems to be somehow bigger..

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by Mr LJ View Post
    Do you all have the little power supply shown in the review? The power supply that came with my xps12 seems to be somehow bigger..
    I don't have the Sputnik version myself (FHD, i7 8gb ram 128SSD Windows edition) and I do have the little power supply, just as the one shown in the review.
    Anyone know where I can grab a similar one as a spare? (Doesn't have to be OEM)

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by blackstripes View Post

running kubuntu, you can configure it in the kde system settings. for me, horizontal two finger scrolling works. But I'd also like to see more advanced configuration possibilities for the trackpad. Is it capable of four finger gestures actually?

Beans

Quick question. How hot does your XPS run? Mine is about 60C. Sometimes goes to 70, sometimes drop to 50.. I find it kind of high? Fan kicks in at 60.

Beans

I have the exact same issue. There is a humming depending on the brightness. At maximum the noise is faint but still there. One step below max and you really hear it. I had a engineer come to replace the motherboard thinking it was a faulty capacitor: no change. A second engineer came to change the display: the noise disappeared but the display was blank (maybe a wrong part). Another engineer came to try another display: again, no noise, but the display still wouldn't work. At this point I was too frustrated and wanted a replacement laptop. Dell customer care is good and they sent me a new laptop. Unfortunately, the new one has the exact same issue. To make things worse, using a usb stick also gives a strange noise as well as the ssd. Sounds a bit like a dial up modem!

I'm glad I'm not the only person with this issue -- if more people report this problem maybe they'll listen. Can you add to my thread on the Dell forums:
    http://en.community.dell.com/support.../19500507.aspx

Quote Originally Posted by Snake231088 View Post
    I have little sound noise when the brightness is not at the maximum with Ubuntu 12.10, while when the brightness is at the max no sound noise. I don't know to fix it.
    Like http://en.community.dell.com/support.../19397368.aspx

Page 26 of 30 FirstFirst ... 162425262728 ... LastLast