Thread: utorrent remote

Beans

utorrent remote

Hi

I want to completeley ove over to linux in my office, but over weekends i Use utorrent to download
    and i use the remote login to add torrents from home and manage my downloads.

What i want to know, what client for ubuntu 11.10 is the easiest to configure like this and also I do not have
    access to the router so i cant use a dyn-dns/no-ip account...

i allready tried vuze but the plugins dont work...

here is the web link to the utorrent remote where you just use a username and password to log into utorrent...

https://remote.utorrent.com/

Thanks is advance

Beans

Re: utorrent remote

I've never used it, but qBittorrent offers remote control through a web user interface. It can be found in the Software Center.
    - Chuck

Beans
    Distro
    Kubuntu 20.04 Focal Fossa

+1
    I use the no-GUI qbittorrent-nox server and it works perfectly. You can also just enable the Web interface inside qbittorrent if it's already running. This requires that you open a port on the router that would lead to the web interface, typically 8081.

I use a complicated SSH approach to spawn and access the server which allows encrypted communication and authentication but you may not need this, at least not to try it out.

Cheers!

EDIT: Just looked at your link and saw that utorrent actually provides its own web service so you don't have to host your own server. Don't think anything in the Software center offers that. However, you can run utorrent under Wine.
    Last edited by LewisTM; March 13th, 2012 at 08:20 PM. Reason: More info
    husband@wife$ make sandwich
    Permission denied
    husband@wife$ sudo make sandwich

Beans

Hi

I have tried running it in WINE, but the program launces but then i get no network access... =(

Going to reload my box to get rid of windows then going to try again with wine, Id have liked to use qtorrent but i dont have access to the router, as its a compane router...

Beans

I would say the easiest way to start downloads would, if you have drop box, set your utorrent to auto add and start torrents from the drop box folder, then all you have to do it add torrent files into your dropbox from any computer or phone, and it will auto detect then and start the download.