Thread: A question about intellivision emulators

Beans

Smile A question about intellivision emulators

Doubtlessly this will have a very noob feeling about it, but oh well...

I've been trying to find a decent Intellivision emulator and I haven't had much luck. I tried Nostalgia but for some strange reason, the game only loads half way on the screen (makes the gameplay quite... interesting to say the least). I did find, download and rename the Executive, Graphics, and Intellivoice ROMS so that they would work, but I still have major problems with it.

I want to find an emulator that is really really easy to use (the people I am with barely understand Windows as it is, and since they're the ones who want to play it, well... I need something that is really, really user friendly).

I'm in my first year of computer programming, so I can do a tiny little bit with some good instructions (yeah right, I only saw a bit of Java -.-).

Thoughts and suggestions, anyone? *offers a sheepish smile*

By the way, I did find an excellent Commodore 64 emulator which works really well for us. So I guess I'm not entirely helpless...

Beans

Re: A question about intellivision emulators

No one is interested in helping me, really?

Beans

You posted it in the gaming forums, not the emulator sub forum
    Steam: ubuntugamer( Add me ) | Gaming: Left 4 Dead 2, Metro Last Light, Assassin's Creed 4, Forced

Beans

Anyways, a quick google seach ended up with this:

http://spatula-city.org/~im14u2c/intv/

http://www.zophar.net/linux/ivision.html

Hope that helps! There's two there
    Steam: ubuntugamer( Add me ) | Gaming: Left 4 Dead 2, Metro Last Light, Assassin's Creed 4, Forced

Beans
    Distro
    Hardy Heron (Ubuntu Development)

I used the official Intellivision Lives! emulator in Windows for a while. But I always wondered how you could really effectively have an emulator for Intellivision, because it's pretty much impossible to emulate the old controllers.
    Today you are You, that is truer than true. There is no one alive who is Youer than You. - Dr. Seuss