Thread: No battery icon in gnome shell

Beans

No battery icon in gnome shell

Pretty self explanatory. There's a blank spot where it goes and you can click on the blank spot and get the info but no icon.

I found a few threads and questions but no definitive or workable solutions, what gives?

I've even seen some screen shots from other machines that have it missing, weird that I couldn't find more info a battery indicator is rather important to anyone with a portable computer.
    What I'm dealin' with:
    HP Pavilion G6-1D60US, dual booted: Ubuntu 16.04 64bit, & Windows 7 Home Premium 64bit, 640 gig HDD, 4 gig RAM

Beans

Re: No battery icon in gnome shell

Oh wow do I feel stupid, I found the solution on the Gnome website looking at screenshots of Gnome 3 shell and I noticed the forward and back icons were different than what mine were. So I went into advanced settings (gnome tweak tool) and changed icons from Ubuntu mono dark to Gnome.

Now my only issue is how can I use Ubuntu Mono Dark for Unity and Gnome for Gnome shell without physically changing it in advanced settings every time?

Fixed my own problem as dumb as I feel right now I'm also kinda proud. With all the views of this thread I hope this helps some others out too.
    What I'm dealin' with:
    HP Pavilion G6-1D60US, dual booted: Ubuntu 16.04 64bit, & Windows 7 Home Premium 64bit, 640 gig HDD, 4 gig RAM

Beans

Please don't feel stupid, your thread just helped me - thanks!

Beans

It helped me! Thanks a lot

Beans

For anyone interested I've been working on an icon theme that will work correctly on both Unity and Gnome-Shell correctly with the mono color panel icons. Its built with a combination of Ubuntu-mono-dark, Gnome, and Breathe icon themes. Just PM me your email and I'll do my best to get it to you.
    What I'm dealin' with:

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by DGINSD View Post
    I found the solution on the Gnome website looking at screenshots of Gnome 3 shell and I noticed the forward and back icons were different than what mine were. So I went into advanced settings (gnome tweak tool) and changed icons from Ubuntu mono dark to Gnome.
    I like ubuntu-mono-dark theme. Can I use it and still view the battery icon? What if I will change some battery icon in /usr/share/icons for it to work?

Another question, what do you mean by forward and back icons were different than yours?

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by sazawal View Post
    I like ubuntu-mono-dark theme. Can I use it and still view the battery icon? What if I will change some battery icon in /usr/share/icons for it to work?

Another question, what do you mean by forward and back icons were different than yours?
    The forward and back icons in chromium browser, the gnome icons are white, while the Ubuntu mono dark are orange.

If you want to use gnome shell with Ubuntu mono dark, you will need to edit some icon sizes and rename them accordingly to get a battery icon on the panel. I can give you more detailed info if your interested.

I'm currently working on a icon pack thats kinda a mish mash of the ones I like, but primarily based off Ubuntu mono dark.
    What I'm dealin' with:

Beans

Thank you DGINSD, but it got fixed with the ubuntu-mono-dark icons in Ubuntu 12.10.