Thread: want to remove libre office

Beans

want to remove libre office

hello, could some one please explain to me how to remove libre office. i was told that it would be necessary to remove libre in order to install open office.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 14.04 Trusty Tahr

Re: want to remove libre office

Hi, they are the same program except libreoffice gets updated more often but if you want to you can use software center to remove it or in the terminal
    Code:
    sudo apt-get remove libreoffice
    Thanks

Beans

Not ready for that step yet.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 14.04 Trusty Tahr

Hi, then just use software center to remove libreoffice then, do you know how to use software center?

You may have trouble installing openoffice if you have trouble with the terminal but then I am not sure what method you found to install open office any doubts post the exact situation here including what version of ubuntu you are using.
    Thanks

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

Libreoffice is literally Openoffice with more features. They take the Openoffice source code, add features, and release it as Libreoffice.

No reason to install Openoffice.
    I try to treat the cause, not the symptom. I avoid the terminal in instructions, unless it's easier or necessary. My instructions will work within the Ubuntu system, instead of breaking or subverting it. Those are the three guarantees to the helpee.