Thread: Install OSSEC HIDS On Ubuntu 11.10 with mysql Support generate Error

Beans

Angry Install OSSEC HIDS On Ubuntu 11.10 with mysql Support generate Error

I work with OSSEC HIDS In Ubuntu 11.10:
    http://www.ossec.net/wiki/Know_HowatabaseOutput

When install with mysql support, it back me this error

PHP Code:
    /tmp/ccuS4FYw.oIn function mysql_osdb_connect': /home/bkhezry/Downloads/ossec-hids-2.6/src/os_dbd/db_op.c:164: undefined reference tomysql_init'

/home/bkhezry/Downloads/ossec-hids-2.6/src/os_dbd/db_op.c:178undefined reference to 'mysql_options'

/home/bkhezry/Downloads/ossec-hids-2.6/src/os_dbd/db_op.c:183undefined reference to 'mysql_options'

/home/bkhezry/Downloads/ossec-hids-2.6/src/os_dbd/db_op.c:186undefined reference to 'mysql_real_connect'

/home/bkhezry/Downloads/ossec-hids-2.6/src/os_dbd/db_op.c:189undefined reference to 'mysql_error'

/home/bkhezry/Downloads/ossec-hids-2.6/src/os_dbd/db_op.c:190undefined reference to 'mysql_close'

/tmp/ccuS4FYw.oIn function `mysql_osdb_close':

I'm Sure That Mysql in install, test it with sample C code and back me data record. I Know Problem is in /src/Config.OS that generat with:

make setdb
    CDB not point to the lib of mysql that need to install OSSEC HIDS. but I Don't Know How To Fix It.

Thanks anyone can help me. Thanks alot.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

Re: Install OSSEC HIDS On Ubuntu 11.10 with mysql Support generate Error

Quote Originally Posted by bkhezry View Post

PHP Code:
    /tmp/ccuS4FYw.oIn function mysql_osdb_connect': /home/bkhezry/Downloads/ossec-hids-2.6/src/os_dbd/db_op.c:164: undefined reference tomysql_init'

/home/bkhezry/Downloads/ossec-hids-2.6/src/os_dbd/db_op.c:178undefined reference to 'mysql_options'

/home/bkhezry/Downloads/ossec-hids-2.6/src/os_dbd/db_op.c:183undefined reference to 'mysql_options'

/home/bkhezry/Downloads/ossec-hids-2.6/src/os_dbd/db_op.c:186undefined reference to 'mysql_real_connect'

/home/bkhezry/Downloads/ossec-hids-2.6/src/os_dbd/db_op.c:189undefined reference to 'mysql_error'

/home/bkhezry/Downloads/ossec-hids-2.6/src/os_dbd/db_op.c:190undefined reference to 'mysql_close'

I'm Sure That Mysql in install, test it with sample C code and back me data record. I Know Problem is in /src/Config.OS that generat with:

make setdb
    CDB not point to the lib of mysql that need to install OSSEC HIDS. but I Don't Know How To Fix It.

Have you tried symlinking the lib to whatever filename OSSEC is looking for?

That should allow install to continue.

Hope that helps.

Beans

Re: Install OSSEC HIDS On Ubuntu 11.10 with mysql Support generate Error

Quote Originally Posted by bkhezry View Post

PHP Code:

make setdb

Perhaps this message on the ossec user mailing list will help: http://www.mail-archive.com/ossec-li.../msg12795.html

It boils down to Ubuntu having a broken MySQL installation.

Beans

Angry Re: Install OSSEC HIDS On Ubuntu 11.10 with mysql Support generate Error

Thanks For Your Replay.
    I Before See This Page.
    But I Don't Know How Can Change Information In Config.OS
    I Found That Ubuntu 11.10 Has Problem With Lib Mysql And Ossec Can't Reference To Lib Of Mysql Correctly.