Thread: Chromium closes when minimized.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 11.10 Oneiric Ocelot

Chromium closes when minimized.

I just got 11.10 up and running and loaded Chromium and noticed that when I minimize it it actually closes itself. Also when I sync Chromium with my google account it syncs but once it's closed it looses that data as well. Does anyone have a fix for this?
    I'm born again new... On 11.10, born again from 8.10.

Beans

Re: Chromium closes when minimized.

Are you certain it does really close? I ask this because any open apps should remain open but hidden, and the only way you know there is something actually running, but hidden, is a small white triangle to one side of the launcher icon in the bar on the left hand side of the screen.
    DISTRO: Xubuntu 12.04-64bit --- Boot-Repair --- Grub2 wiki & Grub2 Basics --- RootSudo

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 11.10 Oneiric Ocelot

Yeah I'm sure it was closing, the weird thing is that when I restarted Ubuntu it fixed it's self. Guess I just got ahead of myself there.
    I'm born again new... On 11.10, born again from 8.10.

Beans

Ok, so I'm a total noob.

I started Chromium, went to my Google Music page, started playing a song, then minimized the app.

Music kept playing, and I couldn't seem to find a way to bring back the Google Music page...every time I clicked on the Chromium icon in the launcher it opened my "home" page.

So, and I know this will make people cringe, but is there some way to make Ubuntu actually show a separate, clickable image (like in the Windows taskbar) for each running program instance?