Thread: firefox apparmor profile

Beans

firefox apparmor profile

I'm not sure why this keeps happening, but when firefox is updated the apparmor profile breaks. This time I let it install the new apparmor profile and I simply edited in the few changes I wanted. I think this is the third time I've had this happen and I am wondering if anyone has any insight at to why this keeps happening. Should I be doing something different?

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

Re: firefox apparmor profile

Quote Originally Posted by needhelppeeps View Post
    I'm not sure why this keeps happening, but when firefox is updated the apparmor profile breaks. This time I let it install the new apparmor profile and I simply edited in the few changes I wanted. I think this is the third time I've had this happen and I am wondering if anyone has any insight at to why this keeps happening. Should I be doing something different?

The firefox apparmor profile is contained in the same packages as firefox, so when you update firefox the profile is update as well. You should back up your existing profile , and just know whenever it is updated you will likely be restoring your changes to your apparmor profile.

Hope this helps.