Ubuntu Development Release

Re: Working on a presentation: Gaming on Linux

Do not forget to talk about Desura and HumbleBundle

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 14.04 Trusty Tahr

Quote Originally Posted by R33D3M33R View Post
    I'm having a 30 min presentation about games on Linux. I have set up a list of key points I will present:

I haven't yet written everything and therefore don't know if this will be just right material for a 30 min talk. I might also have to cut out some of the material.

What do you think of the structure? Would you like to add something? What topic would you like to hear about, if you were at this presentation? The early Linux game list was taken from Linux Game Tome, do you know a source that lists games for Linux that are even older?

Thank you for your ideas in advance!
    You can quote that Linux has much potential but needs to be exploited properly...
    You can give example of commercial games like Oil Rush and all which have managed to be successful on Linux platform..
    "Linux for Everyone"

Beans
    Hidden!

The main problems that cause the low number of AAA games I found during my research were:

1. too many distributions
    2. too small market share
    3. graphics drivers

Beans
    Hidden!

I have done some benchmarks: Unigine Heaven, Xonotic and HL: Lost Coast (wine), but now I'm looking for additional stuff to throw at my card . The main problem is the low resolution I have to use (1280x1024), so I'm looking for really graphics intense benchmarks. I would be also happy with WebGL related benchmarks. The only thing that really stressed the card so far was Heaven benchmark wit Ambient Occlusion and Tesselation turned to Normal.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

Looks cool man, good luck!
    They say the pen is mightier than the sword...but Steven Seagal is mightier than the Pen AND the Sword. http://tinyurl.com/ybnsx2w
    Don't have Dropbox or any cloud-hosting yet? Click this -->http://www.dropbox.com/referrals/NTE1MDE3NzY5

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123