Thread: Fuzzy video problem with gtk desktop recorder

Beans

Fuzzy video problem with gtk desktop recorder

Hi there. I am using Ubuntu 11.10 (32 bit). I installed gtk desktop recorder after reading some nice reviews about it. It works fine, but just one tiny (well.... maybe not tiny) problem.

Every time I record the desktop the video becomes very blurry (I can't find the correct word maybe). For example, if there is a window drag in the video, or some compiz effects, they become fuzzy and unclear. I tried different frame rates but same thing happens.

But, I tried "encode on the fly" option and it fixed it (not entirely). The problem is that now the video is wayyy faster than the normal speed.

So there are actually 2 problems. Fuzzy video if encoded after recording, and faster video if encoded on the fly. Solving either of these would work for me. So, how can I do this?

By the way, the hardware specifications of my PC is:
    Processor: Intel Core 2 Duo 2.2 GHz
    RAM: 2 GB
    Graphics card: ATI Radeon HD 4650.

Cheers

Beans

Re: Fuzzy video problem with gtk desktop recorder

Ok, I just fixed it. I just had to use the "Select window" option and then select the whole desktop and then start the record in normal mode. It took a long time to encode after the recording but the video was perfect. It's a bit hard to select the whole desktop inside the small preview, but it does the job