Thread: Can't find System in Unity

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 22.04 Jammy Jellyfish

Question Can't find System in Unity

Hi -- I've searched for an answer, but found none. I love the Unity desktop, but miss the menu items in the top panel. I can open System Settings easily, but how do I open System? To get to System > Administration, for example.

Is the Unity top panel really as dead as mine seems? Right-click does nothing; can't pin things to it. Is that right, or is mine broken?

Thanks mucho!

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 20.04 Focal Fossa

Re: Can't find System in Unity

Hi, you can click on on your name in the top right corner of the screen and system settings is there.
    The top panel is harder to add things but here is a link to help.
    http://www.ubuntuvibes.com/2011/10/t...nstalling.html
    Thanks
    Last edited by wildmanne39; February 24th, 2012 at 03:39 AM.

Beans
    Distro
    Lubuntu 13.04 Raring Ringtail

Re: Can't find System in Unity

Hi! BlueAZ.

If you really want the System>Preferences/Administration Menus back with Ubuntu 11.10, install the 'ClassicMenuIndicator'.

You can edit it with 'Main Menu' just as you could with previous versions, and it works equally well, whether logged in to Ubuntu/Unity or to Gnome Classic.

This is what mine looks like: MenuScreenshot 2012-03-06 .jpg

Chao!, bogan.
    "Better Solutions may bring Worsened Problems": After Lao Tse, b. circa 405BC. a contemporary of Confucius, who died circa 600BC.
    They did things differently in those days, apparently!!

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 22.04 Jammy Jellyfish

Wink Re: Can't find System in Unity

Thank you Bogan!! I LOVE classicmenuindicator!! I had to search the web for it, as Ubuntu Software installer won't find it. But it was easy to locate a site with instructions for downloading the repository it's in, then installing the app. Then logged out & back in -- now it's there!! Looks just like your screenshot.

Though I love the Unity desktop, I still can't remember the names of all the apps & what they do, so this dropdown list in categories is perfect! Ubuntu wizards take note

Luv n Peace