Thread: Evolution recurrences & two other questions

Beans

Evolution recurrences & two other questions

As part of my search for a good organizer, I'm finally giving Evolution a try, and I have a couple of questions. By way of background, I'm using Evolution 2.28.3 on Ubuntu 10.04 64-bit, with all local ("on this computer") calendars and tasks lists; no sharing or synching with any other devices or services.

First of all, I'm having some problems with recurring appointments:

I added a recurring appointment every M-Tu-W-Th-Sa at 1:00pm from now through March 15. Then I had to go in and change the summary for the appointment, but only for today's iteration of it. I dutifully clicked "this instance only" in the popup, and went back to what I was doing. So far so good. Later I found that I needed to change the recurrence for iterations #2 on from M-Tu-W-Th-Sa to M-Tu-W-Th. I double-clicked on iteration #2, then the recurrence button, but the whole recurrence popup was grayed out, preventing any changes. I tried iteration #1, but the recurrence section was empty; i.e., it had become a one-time event. I thought "oh, hell," and restarted Evolution... whereupon iterations #2 forward had vanished completely from the calendar!

Is this a bug, or do I just not know what I'm doing yet?

Second, is there a way to edit which task list a task belongs to directly from the calendar pane, i.e., without opening the "edit task" popup?

Third, is there a way to prevent the task list from highlighting tasks due today or overdue? I.e., I want the highlighting for that task to remain the color of that task list. (Don't mind the bold face, though.)

Many thanks,
    treacl

Beans

Re: Evolution recurrences & two other questions

Two more questions:

First, re memos: I created a couple of memos from the memo pane of the calendar window. After quitting and restarting Evolution, the memos no longer appear in the memo pane of the calendar window... but they are still there if I go to the memo window.

Second, appointments seem to appear and disappear at random: I was looking at my appointments for today, as displayed in the weekly calendar, and thought, "Something's missing." I clicked forward a week, then back, and the missing item had reappeared.

Bugs or me?

Thanks again,
    treacl

Beans

Post Re: Evolution recurrences & two other questions

I have had a few issues with Evolution myself. Haven't used it to much and have been busy doing other things. I found this site and thought it might be useful for you.

https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/evolution

I'm also trying to chose a good personnel information manager, I hope and think Evolution will work.

Beans

Beans

Re: Evolution recurrences & two other questions

Well I ended up removing evolution from the drive and went back to Thunderbird, Evolution stopped retrieving my mail and kept asking for my password... I was spending to much of my time trying to get it work. Went over to Thunderbird and alll my mail was there.
    Maybe I'll try Evolution in the future, it looks like it has a lot of promise.