Page 22 of 89 FirstFirst ... 1220212223243272 ... LastLast

Thread: AMD/Intel Hybrid Graphics works

Beans

Re: AMD/Intel Hybrid Graphics works !

Using the howto from post 1, I have hybrid graphics on my Samsung Chronos7 working perfectly. Thanks!

A couple of quick questions...

Is anyone running the 3.4 kernel with Catalyst 12.4 packages? I am currently running the precise latest 3.2.0-24, butI have a need to run 3.4. Do I need to install 3.4 and rebuild the deb's and install fglrx again?

Second... I am seeing a 29W power draw with the discerete gpu and about 19W with the integrated. I would really like to get this even lower, especially when in descrete mode on battery power. I saw somewhere someone had wrote some updated config scripts to help with the power savings when on battery for the catalyst, but I can't find it again. I don't believe it was in this thread. Anyone else come across it, or can help with tweaking the power usage on battery?

Thanks!
    -J

Beans

This does not work on HP Envy 17 3070NR with 7690M XT.

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by Ikith View Post
    This does not work on HP Envy 17 3070NR with 7690M XT.
    Welcome to the club. Not the envy 17 3d second generation with 6850m.

If you HEX the bios to change the option work at first boot. but the second bood your computer lock in bios start.

Welcome the brave new world of locked bios. Welcome to the new windows 8 world.

Beans

My configuration is:

"Dell Inspiron 14R (N4110) computer with a Intel HD 3000 integrated video device and a AMD Radeon HD 6470M video card"

Haven't tried yet..

Does someone already tried with this configuration???

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by wegah View Post
    welcome to the club. Not the envy 17 3d second generation with 6850m.

If you hex the bios to change the option work at first boot. But the second bood your computer lock in bios start.

Welcome the brave new world of locked bios. Welcome to the new windows 8 world.
    awesome!

Beans

Im glad to say that i tested and its working!!!!!!!! Just the fan that is getting crazy sometimes, but the temperature isn't so high.

Beans

Smile Re: AMD/Intel Hybrid Graphics works !

Hello everyone.

First, thanks you all of you, your posts helped me to finally solve this problem. I'm really new into Ubuntu. Is nice to know that you have the support of a big big community.

Second. I have a Lenovo e520, i5 with sandybridge. Ati HD 6630 and Intel HD graphics. I did all the things in the first post. Everything worked out!

Third. I have questions about the check part: How to i perform the checks?

After i perform the checks. then you can put my laptop model in the "all works" list
    Thx in advance

Beans

Seems to work for a:
    HP Pavilion dm4-2160sf (Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-2410M CPU @ 2.30GHz with AMD Radeon HD 6470M, maybe this card is not the exact one, it's 64?0M anyway).

Beans

Btw, the performance of the discrete card in windows is a lot better... I assume that this is caused by the fact that the "switchable graphics" in windows doesn't really switches the cards, just force the discrete when needed, but it is always like : DIS: default for processing and IGD : default for displaying. Here in Ubuntu, we have OR the DIS working OR the IGD. Am I wrong? Sometimes, just for surfing on the net or programming, etc, its better to use the IGD one...

Beans

Thanks for the guide. At least it works for now. I am using an HP Pavilion dv6-6102sg with Intel Core I5 2430 CPU (including intel HD 3000 graphics) and an AMD Radeon HD 6770M graphics adapter.

I would strongly discourage anyone with such a computer who depends on using external screens from using Ubuntu 12.04!

I am still having massive problems using an external screen - any change in the screen setting my cause a crash. And while I managed to use the external VGA screen at work at its native resolution of 1280x1024, it doesn't work for my HDMI screen at home at 1920x1080. A part of the screen remains black, even though the mouse cursor is rendered if I move it into it. Even pulling the HDMI cable or connecting it after XServer started causes the system to hang up.

But I can use the the built in screen without complication and with full 3D support, which is a great thing.

I updated to 12.4 which didn't fix my problems but seems to work fine otherwise earlier today.
    Last edited by Rabenschwinge; May 7th, 2012 at 01:16 PM.

Page 22 of 89 FirstFirst ... 1220212223243272 ... LastLast