Page 41 of 89 FirstFirst ... 31394041424351 ... LastLast

Thread: AMD/Intel Hybrid Graphics works

Beans
    Distro
    Kubuntu 13.10 Saucy Salamander

Re: AMD/Intel Hybrid Graphics works !

Quote Originally Posted by xalatar View Post
    Hi all ,
    I've just finished installing Catalyst as described in first post this thread. Sadly, something is wrong with integrated GPU mode - I'm getting only wallpaper, no Unity panel and other apps. I use Vostro 3550 with Radeon 6630M, Ubuntu 12.04 x86 and installed newest Catalyst 12.6.

Any help is greatly appreciated. Thanks.

-----------------

I read few posts from this topic and found solution. The problem was traditionally with direct rendering. I made some changes in /etc/X11/Xsession.d/10fglrx. Now it looks:
    Code:
    LIBGL_DRIVERS_PATH=/usr/lib/fglrx/dri
    if [ `uname -m` = 'i686' ]; then
      if [ -d /usr/lib/fglrx/dri ]; then
        LIBGL_DRIVERS_PATH=${LIBGL_DRIVERS_PATH}:/dri:/usr/lib/i386-linux-gnu/dri
        if [ ! -z $LD_LIBRARY_PATH ]; then
        LD_LIBRARY_PATH=$LD_LIBRARY_PATH:
        fi
        LD_LIBRARY_PATH=${LD_LIBRARY_PATH}/usr/lib32
        export LD_LIBRARY_PATH
      fi
    fi
    export LIBGL_DRIVERS_PATH
    And direct rendering works fine. If you still have this problem just check what gives "uname -m" and locate file 915_dri.so.
    Please, read my post #356. Your changes can work, but isn't the best method.

Quote Originally Posted by Glutanimate View Post
    Hi there,

I am about to do a complete reinstall on my notebook including a Precise/Win7 dualboot and wondered: If the driver installation were to fail, which in my case is likely due to the fact that I am running an Acer 3820TG with a HD5650, would I have to completely reinstall Ubuntu to revert the changes and go back to the initial state? And even though this might not be directly related to the topic at hand: Can I reinstall Ubuntu without compromising my Windows installation?

Thank you very much in advance.

P.S.: First post on the Ubuntu forums, yay. (albeit not my very first one, to tell the truth; just forgot the login details on another account)
    If something got wrong in video driver installation, you just need to delete xorg.conf file in /etc/X11/ and reboot
    so, run this command:
    Code:
    sudo rm -f /etc/X11/xorg.conf
    Quote Originally Posted by rohan koranga View Post
    hey i tried to install that package every thing went right till installing the package ..it said the version ubuntu is not supported ,,,i have hd6770m gpu and i7 processor in my hp laptop and using ubuntu version 12.04
    You probably is using wrong package for your architecture. If you are using Ubuntu 64 bits you should download 64bits packages (amd64, even for intel processors). If you are using Ubuntu x86 you must download x86 packages. Just try again fixing it.

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by Niccola View Post
    If something got wrong in video driver installation, you just need to delete xorg.conf file in /etc/X11/ and reboot
    so, run this command:
    Code:
    sudo rm -f /etc/X11/xorg.conf
    Thanks, I'll go ahead and test it then. I'll report back with the results later on.

Beans

Lenovo e420s,Intel HD 3000, AMD 6630m, HDMI Intel/AMD: not tested/not tested, VGA Intel/AMD: not tested/not tested

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 14.04 Trusty Tahr

Apparently, no one opened a bug on launchpad for ATI Mobility Radeon HD 5xxx Series. So I did:

https://bugs.launchpad.net/xserver-x...i/+bug/1021024

Beans

Hi I followed the instructions and they worked perfectly but the performance of the discrete graphics is rather under-whelming. I only get 2 fps in heaven benchmark while getting 18 fps in windows with directx11. Is there a way to improve this? or are the amd drivers just plain ****.

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Kubuntu

The fglrx driver works just fine or ATI and ATI/ATI hybrids.

Neither Intel/ATI hybrids nor Intel/nVIDIA hybrids seem to have a high success rate.
    Please read The Forum Rules and The Forum Posting Guidelines

A thing discovered and kept to oneself must be discovered time and again by others. A thing discovered and shared with others need be discovered only the once.
    This universe is crazy. I'm going back to my own.

Beans

• SONY Vaio VPC-SE2L9E/B, Intel HD 3000, AMD 6630m, HDMI Intel/AMD: not tested/not tested, VGA Intel/AMD: not tested/not tested

It works!!

Beans

The Steps mentioned in the first post in this thread helped me get my hybrid setup working.
    My Laptop Specs are
    HP G6-2020SE
    AMD Radeon HD 7670M
    Intel Integrated Graphics.

I am using the official drivers from AMD's website for my laptop and everything is working smoothly.

Thanks a million!

Beans

Did someone got this working with an Intel HD 4000 (3rd gen i7) and AMD 7730m? Or any other recent hardware combo?

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 9.04 Jaunty Jackalope

HP Pavilion dv6-6186nr Entertainment Notebook PC with intel 3000 and amd radeon hd 6770 switchable cards. working fine

thanks

Page 41 of 89 FirstFirst ... 31394041424351 ... LastLast