Page 31 of 89 FirstFirst ... 2129303132334181 ... LastLast

Thread: AMD/Intel Hybrid Graphics works

Beans
    Hidden!

Re: AMD/Intel Hybrid Graphics works !

Quote Originally Posted by markackerman8@gmail.com
    I installed the amd drivers from their website 12.4 (LATEST STABLE)on a clean Ubuntu 12.04 64bit
    Install it from step 1 to last step from OP (post #1) If it won't work, than you have to wait for dynamic hybrid graphic cards fix (We do not know when and if there is going to be fix for dynamic graphic cards)
    Trust me, I'm an Engineer... well... almost.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

Quote Originally Posted by daniaix View Post
    Hi,

If you ever come to Paris, I'll offer you a beer! It works well on a :
    Dell Vostro 3450,
    Intel HD 3000, AMD Radeon HD 6630m, HDMI Intel/AMD: not tested/not tested, VGA Intel/AMD: not tested/not tested
    As I live In Orléans, I hope to attend the next Ubuntu Party in Paris. I will see you there in November, maybe .

Beans
    Distro

Quote Originally Posted by N0oki3 View Post
    DO not install drivers from jockey-gtm (additional drivers) remove and purge fglrx, do not use switcheero. Check for latest bios update, set fixed hybrid graphics (dgpu) in BIOS and do as the OP (post #1) did. It should work! If it doesn't, than you're notebook only have dynamic graphics and you have to wait for fix like the rest of us
    I think you misunderstood this thread, this thread is for people who doesn't have any gpu setting in their BIOS. The default parameter is locked to dynamic : both card are powered at start and you can change it. Then this must be catalyst (the driver) that can only control the dgpu and his energy consumption.

Beans
    Distro

Quote Originally Posted by markackerman8@gmail.com View Post
    I installed the amd drivers from their website 12.4 (LATEST STABLE)on a clean Ubuntu 12.04 64bit (notrhing from add'l drivers - unless during the install I said it could install 3rd party software - hmmmm? should I not allow it to install 3rd party software during the install and try again after a new install? or just a purge?

though i am not optimistic as it seems I have tried EVERYTHING.

and my bios is updated and hp has nothing in it to adjust video cards at all - stupid when they know it causes problems and many may just want one or the other to use. Oh well - thank you for your post and look forward to your responses.
    Can you describe "3d party software" ?

Beans
    Distro

Quote Originally Posted by N0oki3 View Post
    Install it from step 1 to last step from OP (post #1) If it won't work, than you have to wait for dynamic hybrid graphic cards fix (We do not know when and if there is going to be fix for dynamic graphic cards)
    Not before 2 years for sure !
    Wayland will be able to switch gpus without reboot as in Windows. It will be the replacement of Xorg. But it still need a lot of dev.

Beans
    Distro

Quote Originally Posted by Thrashrokz33 View Post
    I have a Lenovo Y470. I'll have to install the latest BIOS update I think, as I've checked for the "fixed" option inside of it and didn't find anything.

I also don't have an Ubuntu installation on this machine yet, but I planned on making it a 64bit.
    It should work... normally, but I can't promise anything.
    I don't have gpu option in my BIOS too.

Beans
    Distro

I will add some troubleshooting help tonight to my first post tonight (UTC +02:00 France), this may help some of you.

And don't give up !

You know it's worst with nvidia as they don't official support, they have bumblebee which use open source drivers, this is great but they also have poorest performance than if they had the propietary driver working.

And for fun go here : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MShbP...layer_embedded to 49'00 .

Catalyst isn't working out of the box, but at least they're trying to make it.

Beans
    Hidden!

Quote Originally Posted by Alexislavie View Post
    I think you misunderstood this thread, this thread is for people who doesn't have any gpu setting in their BIOS. The default parameter is locked to dynamic : both card are powered at start and you can change it. Then this must be catalyst (the driver) that can only control the dgpu and his energy consumption.
    I don't have this option in BIOS and when I want to use my radeon HD 6470m it fails into low graphic mode
    Trust me, I'm an Engineer... well... almost.

Beans
    Distro

Quote Originally Posted by Alexislavie View Post
    " can change it"
    I'm sorry I meant "can't change it", I just saw my mistake.

Beans
    Distro
    Kubuntu 13.10 Saucy Salamander

I saw a lot of people getting trouble after reboot and getting low graphic mode or X failure.

I DO NOT recommend to execute the command 'sudo aticonfig --px-dgpu' before reboot!

Seems that AMD make post-processing changes after driver installation in first reboot. So, reboot the machine after driver installation to fglrx be loaded with default settings. I really recommend everybody that's having problem to follow the post #1 until the following command:

Code:
    sudo aticonfig --initial -f
    after that, make sure that your /etc/X11/xorg.conf file isn't empty.

Then reboot your machine. DO NOT run 'sudo aticonfig --px-dgpu' before reboot!

After this first boot with AMD drivers with default settings, you be able to continue the POST #1 and get success in driver installation.

TIP:
    Instead using 'sudo aticonfig --px-dgpu' to switch to Discrete GPU, use amdcccle.

Page 31 of 89 FirstFirst ... 2129303132334181 ... LastLast