Page 30 of 89 FirstFirst ... 2028293031324080 ... LastLast

Thread: AMD/Intel Hybrid Graphics works

Beans

Re: AMD/Intel Hybrid Graphics works !

This walkaroud (http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=1930450) wroks properly on dell vostro 3350 with radeon hd6470m but only on 64-bit system (i've tested it on ubuntu 12.04 dvd edition 64 bits with updates). It won't work on Ubuntu desktop 32 bit (tested). Catalyst Control Center recognizes discrete graphics properly (radeon 6400 series) but there are two or three issues:
    1. You can't switch to the integrated graphich via catalyst control center - it'll only hang you system, you have to do it via command line:
    Code:
    aticonfig --pxl # List current activated GPU
    sudo aticonfig --px-dgpu # Activate discrete GPU (High-Performance mode), must re-start X to take effect
    sudo aticonfig --px-igpu # Activate integrated GPU (Power-Saving mode), must re-start X to take effect

It switches gpu but i'm getting error with it:
    Code:
    PowerXpress info: Diagnostic output from /usr/lib64/fglrx/switchlibglx:
    update-alternatives: warning: skip creation of /etc/OpenCL/vendors/amdocl32.icd because associated file /usr/lib/fglrx/etc/OpenCL/vendors/amdocl32.icd (of link group x86_64-linux-gnu_gl_conf) doesn't exist.
    2. Open gl performance on dgpu is only 10% better than on igpu... (results from glmark2)
    3. On igpu you cant run some 3d benchmarks like Unigine heaven - they just hang up
    Last edited by ciesla.tomasz; June 14th, 2012 at 07:34 AM.

Beans

HP Pavilion dv7-6051ei, Intel HD 3000, AMD 6770m, HDMI Intel/AMD: working/working, VGA Intel/AMD: working/working

Beans

SONY Vaio VPC-SA3BGX, Intel HD 3000, AMD 6630m, HDMI Intel/AMD: not tested/not tested, VGA Intel/AMD: working/working

Beans

My card falls into the Radeon HD 7xxx (7690m) series listed as "Catalyst only". Forgive me for not understanding, but does that mean this fix won't be possible for me?

Beans
    Hidden!

Quote Originally Posted by Thrashrokz33 View Post
    My card falls into the Radeon HD 7xxx (7690m) series listed as "Catalyst only". Forgive me for not understanding, but does that mean this fix won't be possible for me?
    What is your laptop (full name), do you have latest bios update, have you option to set "fixed hybrid graphics" in bios ? which system do you run? is it 32 or 64 bit ? more info please.

Beans

Hi,

If you ever come to Paris, I'll offer you a beer! It works well on a :
    Dell Vostro 3450,
    Intel HD 3000, AMD Radeon HD 6630m, HDMI Intel/AMD: not tested/not tested, VGA Intel/AMD: not tested/not tested

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by N0oki3 View Post
    What is your laptop (full name), do you have latest bios update, have you option to set "fixed hybrid graphics" in bios ? which system do you run? is it 32 or 64 bit ? more info please.
    I have a Lenovo Y470. I'll have to install the latest BIOS update I think, as I've checked for the "fixed" option inside of it and didn't find anything.

I also don't have an Ubuntu installation on this machine yet, but I planned on making it a 64bit.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 18.04 Bionic Beaver

OK I am new to this thread but NOT new to this problem - PLEASE help!!

HP Envy17-3195 intel hd3000/amd-ATI 6850m graphics cards
    any way here is what i did from a fresh Ubuntu install tonight - if it helps anyone with troubleshooting this - PLEASE respond

- installed fresh 12.04 Ubuntu 64 bit
    - downloaded and installed amd's driver 12.4 according to the wicki
    http://wiki.cchtml.com/index.php/Ubu...TI.27s_site.29
    - after sudo amdconfig --initial -f, used switch_between_cards script seemed to work BUT logout or reboot X fails and only cntgrl+alt+F1 works, so I had to remove /etc/X11/xorg.conf, to get back in (and no discrete card function) - arghhhhhhh
    - additionally there is no switcharoo file
    - ati CCC won't load no matter how install the AMD graphics driver (proprietary or open source or ubuntu proposed in add'l drivers)

PLEASE can anyone suggest any other troubleshooting tips - now 5 months without a functional Ubuntu

p.s. still NO success using my ATI/AMD 6850m graphics card - 5 months later - please help - I Like games and Hate Windows - Thanks

Beans
    Hidden!

DO not install drivers from jockey-gtm (additional drivers) remove and purge fglrx, do not use switcheero. Check for latest bios update, set fixed hybrid graphics (dgpu) in BIOS and do as the OP (post #1) did. It should work! If it doesn't, than you're notebook only have dynamic graphics and you have to wait for fix like the rest of us
    Trust me, I'm an Engineer... well... almost.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 18.04 Bionic Beaver

Quote Originally Posted by N0oki3 View Post
    DO not install drivers from jockey-gtm (additional drivers) remove and purge fglrx, do not use switcheero. Check for latest bios update, set fixed hybrid graphics (dgpu) in BIOS and do as the OP (post #1) did. It should work! If it doesn't, than you're notebook only have dynamic graphics and you have to wait for fix like the rest of us
    I installed the amd drivers from their website 12.4 (LATEST STABLE)on a clean Ubuntu 12.04 64bit (notrhing from add'l drivers - unless during the install I said it could install 3rd party software - hmmmm? should I not allow it to install 3rd party software during the install and try again after a new install? or just a purge?

though i am not optimistic as it seems I have tried EVERYTHING.

and my bios is updated and hp has nothing in it to adjust video cards at all - stupid when they know it causes problems and many may just want one or the other to use. Oh well - thank you for your post and look forward to your responses.

Page 30 of 89 FirstFirst ... 2028293031324080 ... LastLast