Page 87 of 89 FirstFirst ... 37778586878889 LastLast

Thread: AMD/Intel Hybrid Graphics works

Beans
    Distro
    Kubuntu 13.10 Saucy Salamander

Re: AMD/Intel Hybrid Graphics works

Quote Originally Posted by HonorableGoat View Post
    Hey, sorry about that, you have pretty much given me the solution (kind of) below. My issue was changing between the graphics cards on my laptop.

I can swap using the command lines below, without restarting.

My problem now is that if I leave it on the integrated graphics and reboot then I get put into low graphics mode and have to uninstall proprietary drivers and reinstall to get it all back up in running. Trying to switch from the terminal while getting put into low graphics mode tells me that no supported cards are found. Is this normal?

I don't mind having to stay in the dedicated graphics mode but it would be nice to be able to run integrated graphics without having to worry about this.. I'm still toying around with drivers and a few things.
    You're experiencing some inconsistency on Intel driver module loading. I recommend you to reinstall latest intel linux driver

Beans

Hello, another user with ATI hybrid problem... many nights I have passed without sleeping, and I can't install fglrx ...
    Here's my configuration :
    Code:
    lspci | grep -i vga
    00:02.0 VGA compatible controller: Intel Corporation 4th Gen Core Processor Integrated Graphics Controller (rev 06)
    01:00.0 VGA compatible controller: Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. [AMD/ATI] Mars XTX [Radeon HD 8790M] (rev ff)
    I use Ubuntu 14.04 with kernel 3.13.0-24-generic 64 bits

I tried many differents installations, but each time, amdcccle can't be launched because it says that my fglrx is not installed properly...

Is someone facing this problem too and how to solve it please !!!!

I don't know where to look...

I retry another time this procedure :

Code:
    sudo apt-get remove fglrx*
    then,
    Code:
    sudo apt-get install fglrx fglrx-amdcccle
    and then when I do :
    Code:
    sudo aticonfig --adapter=all --initial
    the system says me :
    Code:
    sudo: aticonfig: command not found
    So, I search whereis aticonfig, and I can find it in /usr/lib/fglrx/bin/
    So I execute it
    Code:
    sudo  /usr/lib/fglrx/bin/aticonfig --adapter=all --initial
    Unable to open /etc/ati/control, please reinstall the driver.
    /usr/lib/fglrx/bin/aticonfig: No supported adapters detected
    If I reboot, nothing changed...

It's always the same, even if I use proprietary drivers :
    fglrx-13.35.1005
    or fglrx-14.10
    or fglrx-14.10.1006

/usr/lib/fglrx/bin/fglrxinfo only and always says me :

Code:
    display: :0  screen: 0
    OpenGL vendor string: Intel Open Source Technology Center
    OpenGL renderer string: Mesa DRI Intel(R) Haswell Mobile 
    OpenGL version string: 1.4 (3.0 Mesa 10.1.0)
    Last edited by psehouri; May 3rd, 2014 at 03:13 PM.

Beans

I recently installed Ubuntu 14.04 (fresh install, got rid of Windows entirely) and followed Niccola's instructions on Pg 86 to get AMD/Intel hybrid setup working. Upon reboot I see the login screen. But after I login I can see only the dektop background with the cursor. Seems like Unity has not loaded.

I had used the latest stable drivers from the AMD driver page for Linux x86_64. I am running the 3.13.0-27-generic kernel. I had even tried the latest beta, but no luck.

Same is the case when I install the fglrx driver from the Additional Drivers windows.

Any fixes to get Unity working.

I had already tried to login using tty1 and then installed compiz-settings-manager and tried to enable the Unity plugin, but it doesn't make any difference.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thank You
    Feby

Beans

I get the same as psehouri can you please help us?

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by hugoalmeida4 View Post
    I get the same as psehouri can you please help us?
    Run

Code:
    sudo fglrxinfo
    To understand which card is being used.

Run

Code:
    sudo amdconfig --px-igpu
    To switch to the Intel card. Should instruct you to reboot.

I have done the fglrx install per the official Hybrid Graphics documentation, but I also noticed the laptop seems to run hotter and battery life is shorter when using the Intel card... Need to do more testing, but this seems odd to me.

Beans

I just got a fresh install of ubuntu gnome 14.04 on my Dell inspiron 7520 (Intel HD3000/amd HD 7730M). My graphics card details are below

lspci | grep -i vga
    00:02.0 VGA compatible controller: Intel Corporation 3rd Gen Core processor Graphics Controller (rev 09)
    01:00.0 VGA compatible controller: Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. [AMD/ATI] Chelsea LP [Radeon HD 7730M] (rev ff)

by following the cchtml wiki I installed fglrx....
    But when I restarted after initialising fglrx, my system was stuck in the booting page itself(the one with gnome symbol) nearly for an hour. I tried rebooting several times, but couldn't get into the login page.

So my question is whether the solution mentioned here by niccola on Pg.86 is specific only for ubuntu with lightdm(ubuntu 14.04) or can also be applied for gdm(ubutnu gnome 14.04)?

The reason is becuse the wiki procedure and the mentioned solution on Pg.86 are nearly identical in all cases. But still I am not getting into gnome.

Could you guys help me out in clarifying my doubt, please.

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by Niccola View Post
    Latest AMD fglrx beta driver 14.3 beta V1.0 B22 from 12/03/2014 works wonderfully on Ubuntu 13.10 with Intel Linux Graphic Installer 1.0.4;

Installation as following:

OBS: Supposing that you already had uninstalled any fglrx driver from you distribution

First, update/install Intel Linux Graphics Installer 1.0.4 for Ubuntu 13.10, you can get it here.
    64 bits OSes:
    Code:
    cd ~/
    wget https://download.01.org/gfx/ubuntu/13.10/main/pool/main/i/intel-linux-graphics-installer/intel-linux-graphics-installer_1.0.4-0intel1_amd64.deb
    sudo dpkg -i intel-linux-graphics-installer_1.0.4-0intel1_amd64.deb
    32 bits OSes:
    Code:
    cd ~/
    wget https://download.01.org/gfx/ubuntu/13.10/main/pool/main/i/intel-linux-graphics-installer/intel-linux-graphics-installer_1.0.4-0intel1_i386.deb
    sudo dpkg -i intel-linux-graphics-installer_1.0.4-0intel1_i386.deb
    It would be interesting adding following Intel licensing keys for driver updates validation:
    Code:
    wget --no-check-certificate https://download.01.org/gfx/RPM-GPG-KEY-ilg -O - | \
    sudo apt-key add -
    wget --no-check-certificate https://download.01.org/gfx/RPM-GPG-KEY-ilg-2 -O - | \
    sudo apt-key add -
    then execute Intel Linux Graphics Installer on dash or through terminal:
    Code:
    intel-linux-graphics-installer
    Follow instructions (Begin > Install > Next...) until it finishes successfully. Rebot is necessary after it succeeds

Before installing, latest AMD fglrx driver, lets install dependencies:
    Code:
    sudo apt-get install cdbs dh-make dkms execstack dh-modaliases linux-headers-generic libqtgui4
    x64 bits must install:
    Code:
    sudo apt-get install lib32gcc1
    Now, lets install latest AMD fglrx 14.3 Beta v1.0 B22 and its initial settings:
    download it here, or wget through following commands:
    Code:
    cd ~/
    wget http://www2.ati.com/drivers/beta/Linux_AMD_Catalyst_14.3_Beta_V1.0_B22_March12_2014.zip
    unzip Linux_AMD_Catalyst_14.3_Beta_V1.0_B22_March12_2014.zip
    cd fglrx-13.35.1005/
    chmod a+x amd-driver-installer-13.35.1005-x86.x86_64.run
    sudo ./amd-driver-installer-13.35.1005-x86.x86_64.run --buildpkg Ubuntu/saucy
    sudo dpkg -i fglrx*.deb
    sudo amdconfig --initial -f
    Must Reboot now

if installation was successful, Ubuntu will display naturally.
    I recommend next settings to configure your AMD card to run smoothly and tear-free:
    Code:
    sudo amdconfig --sync-vsync=on$ sudo amdconfig --sync-video=on
    sudo amdconfig --set-pcs-u32=MCIL,PP_PhmUseDummyBackEnd,1
    sudo amdconfig --set-pcs-u32=DDX,EnableTearFreeDesktop,1
    Enjoy your system!

I'm using Ubuntu 14.04 on the HP 4530s with AMD Radeon HD 6490M/Intel HD Graphics 3000 Switchable graphics.
    I have installed the first Intel driver from here.
    Then I reboot so far there are no problems
    Then I install the ati driver "amd-catalyst-14-4-rev2-linux-x86-x86-64-may6.zip" and reboot.
    The system is opening low graphic mode. I also tried switch integrated Intel graphics card everything works fine. Any ideas what to do to fix this problem?
    Last edited by sinan4; August 9th, 2014 at 07:46 PM.

Beans

I am super new to linux and am struggling with my Lenovo W500 laptop to get rid of some startup errors and to get my switchable graphics to work.

At the moment I have
    lspci | grep -i vga
    00:02.0 VGA compatible controller: Intel Corporation Mobile 4 Series Chipset Integrated Graphics Controller (rev 07)
    01:00.0 VGA compatible controller: Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. [AMD/ATI] RV635/M86 [Mobility Radeon HD 3650]

Please bear with me as I am VERY new to ubuntu and do not know much other than copy and paste to terminal.

very willing to learn though!

I am on 14.04 ubuntu and trying to get this graphics issue resolved. Thank you so much!

Beans
    Distro
    Kubuntu 13.10 Saucy Salamander

Hey everybody getting errors (low graphic mode, etc...). Please post the following command's output:

Code:
    sudo lshw -C display; lsb_release -a; uname -a

Beans

Oh hi!

Has anyone run into the problem of a disappearing AMD proprietary driver when they switch back to the low power Intel GPU? I've just switched back and all of a sudden I do not have access to the AMD Control Panel to change back.

Page 87 of 89 FirstFirst ... 37778586878889 LastLast