Page 63 of 89 FirstFirst ... 1353616263646573 ... LastLast

Thread: AMD/Intel Hybrid Graphics works

Beans

Re: AMD/Intel Hybrid Graphics works

just wanted to say that following the first response in this askubuntu post, I was able to get switchable graphics working on an HP Envy 15 3040 nr running a Radeon HD 7690M and 12.10

Beans
    Distro
    Kubuntu Development Release

Quote Originally Posted by leonardt View Post
    just wanted to say that following the first response in this askubuntu post, I was able to get switchable graphics working on an HP Envy 15 3040 nr running a Radeon HD 7690M and 12.10
    That's great. That post on Ask Ubuntu is the textbook example of how to get hybrid graphics working for most configurations.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 18.04 Bionic Beaver

Wow tried yet again as the above post showed a few differences, and after Andrikos xserver-xorg-video-intel and configure - AGAIN Clack Screen of death after reboot - Anyone with sympothy on my 100th attempt over the year and any suggestions please rep[ly, Please and Thanks

markackerman8@gmail.com

Beans

Not able to specifically help I am afraid Mark, however the Andrikos PPA worked fine on my Sony Vaio with AMD/Intel hybrid but it may be worth checking out the new 13.1 driver AMD has just released.

I am very keen to see how quickly that can make it into the 12.10 repos actually so I can remove Andrikos one as I have conerns 12.11 beta is causing me crashes in Eye Of Gnome (open a larg image, set to 100% size and click/drag.. observe X server crash).

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 18.04 Bionic Beaver

Smile Re: AMD/Intel Hybrid Graphics works

Quote Originally Posted by Burkey View Post
    Not able to specifically help I am afraid Mark, however the Andrikos PPA worked fine on my Sony Vaio with AMD/Intel hybrid but it may be worth checking out the new 13.1 driver AMD has just released.

I am very keen to see how quickly that can make it into the 12.10 repos actually so I can remove Andrikos one as I have conerns 12.11 beta is causing me crashes in Eye Of Gnome (open a larg image, set to 100% size and click/drag.. observe X server crash).
    Already tried ukubuntu alpha 13.04 w/wout andrikos PPA, and w/wout amd's 13.1, and w/wout 12.11 beta, and w/wout just fglrx form the repos arghhh

thanks anyway

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 9.10 Karmic Koala

In order to get 3D to work on the integrated card, is it possible to remove catalyst and install intel driver from Ubuntu repos? I was thinking of something like this:

Code:
    sudo apt-get purge fglrx*
    sudo rm /etc/X11/xorg.conf
    sudo apt-get install --reinstall xserver-xorg-core libgl1-mesa-glx:i386 libgl1-mesa-dri:i386 libgl1-mesa-glx:amd64 libgl1-mesa-dri:amd64
    sudo dpkg-reconfigure xserver-xorg
    sudo reboot
    It seems that the workaround from the initial post, which suggests editing /etc/X11/Xsession.d/10fglrx, does not work. Hence one can not use Unity 3D or equivalent on the integrated GPU.
    Running Ubuntu 12.04
    Last edited by semperfizh; January 26th, 2013 at 08:54 PM.

Beans

I installed the drivers for my amd radeon HD 7600m graphic card as given in the askubuntu post. When I executed the following command
    Code:
    sudo aticonfig --initial -f
    and rebooted, I lostmy login screen. Virtual console opens up. Then I removed the drivers using
    Code:
    sudo apt-get remove fglrx
    but it too didn't work. I get virtual console when I boot ubuntu.

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by harpal View Post
    I installed the drivers for my amd radeon HD 7600m graphic card as given in the askubuntu post. When I executed the following command
    Code:
    sudo aticonfig --initial -f
    and rebooted, I lostmy login screen. Virtual console opens up. Then I removed the drivers using
    Code:
    sudo apt-get remove fglrx
    but it too didn't work. I get virtual console when I boot ubuntu.
    You probably still have the xorg.conf file around.
    Code:
    sudo rm /etc/X11/xorg.conf

Beans
    Distro
    Kubuntu 13.10 Saucy Salamander

I just installed Catalyst 13.1 and I have some performance improvements on my HD 6770M. However, I also having some black-screens with mouse cursor in lightdm logging screen, which problem I workaround restarting lightdm service through another TTY::

CTRL + ALT + 1 for TTY1
    then,
    then:

Code:
    sudo service lightdm restart
    However, Im having some freezing and black screen when reboot/shutdown. Only happens after install fglrx and andrikos xserver-xorg-video-intel* drivers

Is somebody experiencing same problem when shutting down/rebooting?

Beans

good news, new beta driver 13.2, resolves the hangs on shutdown (of x), works fine on me,

Ubuntu 12.04 kernel 3.5.7.4, mesa 9.0.1 (intel updates ubuntu x-team)

and the indicator from beidl (many thanks)

https://github.com/beidl/amd-indicator

steam games work (cs 1.6 and team fortress 2)
    Attached Images Attached Images

Page 63 of 89 FirstFirst ... 1353616263646573 ... LastLast