Page 48 of 89 FirstFirst ... 38464748495058 ... LastLast

Thread: AMD/Intel Hybrid Graphics works

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 9.04 Jaunty Jackalope

Re: AMD/Intel Hybrid Graphics works !

Hi. I have a HP Pavilion dv6-6B51nr, with the AMD 6770M graphic card (I don't know the Intel model). I'm on Ubuntu 12.04.

After following the instructions, the integrated card still cannot render menus and icons on the desktop unless logging in with Ubuntu 2D. I've altered the /etc/X11/Xsession.d/10fglrx file and it didn't make a difference.

What could I do to fix this?

Also, I would like to add that it would be useful if the main post listed these instructions
    http://wiki.cchtml.com/index.php/Ubu...talyst.2Ffglrx

for those who, like me, had installed all that stuff (I learned the hard way that I couldn't simply disregard the warning about a fresh install).

Thank you so far and hopefully we can get this fixed too.

Edit: I'd like to point out that since installing the driver as written here, instead of through Additional Drivers made the notebook run MUCH hotter and drain its battery way quicker.
    Last edited by .jekyll; October 9th, 2012 at 06:38 PM.

Beans

Exclamation Re: AMD/Intel Hybrid Graphics works !

Thanks a lot, it helped me to enable the feature!!!
    I am using Ubuntu precise on HP ENVY 13-1030ca with integrated Intel graphics and ATI Mobility Radeon 4330 RV710 with installed Catalyst 12.6.

IMPORTANT!!!
    Everything start working after modifying "Device" section in /etc/X11/xorg.conf:

Section "Device"
    Identifier "aticonfig-Device[0]-0"
    Driver "fglrx"
    BusID "PCI:0@1:0:0"
    EndSection

before it was:

Section "Device"
    Identifier "aticonfig-Device[0]-0"
    Driver "fglrx"
    BusID "PCI:1:0:0"
    EndSection

new format has been taken from /var/log/Xorg.0.log

Good luck!!

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by Infra1515 View Post
    Hello . I'm using HP Probook 4530s with i5 2410 and ATI Radeon 64xx DGPU. Installed the drivers as per instructions - the ati chip got enabled and works pretty good . However switching to the integrated GPU does not seem to work . Whether I do it from the AMD Catalyst Control Center or thru the terminal with the command aticonfig --px-igpu the result is the same - the computer would boot but unity wont load . The only thing I can see is my icons on the desktop and can open a terminal to switch back to the discrete gpu. No unity panel , no unity top bar , no icon border , nothing. I would be really glad if someone could tell me if they had success in resolving this issue. ( the HP Probook 4530s is marked as working in the OP ).
    I was the one who originally said that the 4530s works with this solution. I can confirm this again today as I reformatted. I followed the steps in the OP exactly except with the 12.8 drivers.

Good luck.

Beans

This was working almost fine (had some crashes under certain circumstances).

But today I updated my packages, and it no longer works. Crashes at startup, and I have to remove xorg.conf for it to work again. I'm pretty clueless as of now to what has happened. I've tried newer versions, older versions, but nothing works anymore.

Oh, and of course, my computer is a lenovo thinkpad e320, with an amd6630 graphics card
    Last edited by Miktor; October 12th, 2012 at 01:11 AM.

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by .jekyll View Post
    Hi. I have a HP Pavilion dv6-6B51nr, with the AMD 6770M graphic card (I don't know the Intel model). I'm on Ubuntu 12.04.

After following the instructions, the integrated card still cannot render menus and icons on the desktop unless logging in with Ubuntu 2D. I've altered the /etc/X11/Xsession.d/10fglrx file and it didn't make a difference.

What could I do to fix this?

Also, I would like to add that it would be useful if the main post listed these instructions
    http://wiki.cchtml.com/index.php/Ubu...talyst.2Ffglrx

for those who, like me, had installed all that stuff (I learned the hard way that I couldn't simply disregard the warning about a fresh install).

Thank you so far and hopefully we can get this fixed too.

Edit: I'd like to point out that since installing the driver as written here, instead of through Additional Drivers made the notebook run MUCH hotter and drain its battery way quicker.
    I have a HP Pavilion dv6-6b80ee, with the AMD 6770M graphic card and I have the same problem ...

Beans

Can I upgrade to Ubuntu 12.10 ??? or I'll have problems with hybrid graphics ??? should I uninstall it first????

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by Mohamed Elsayed View Post
    Can I upgrade to Ubuntu 12.10 ??? or I'll have problems with hybrid graphics ??? should I uninstall it first????
    Same Question for me!
    The first post on this page let me think that it is not working:
    http://www.upubuntu.com/2012/10/how-...-catalyst.html
    "Be careful! AMD Catalyst driver 12.8 not working without a patch for kernel 3.5+ . Catalyst 12.9 (Beta) works with this kernel and kernel 3.6+"
    I want to upgrade from 12.04 to 12.10. But I have installed Catalyst Control Center 12.6. So I think it will not work if the post is correct.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu

how can i install the beta 12.9?

should i create the deb packages or should I .run the installer?

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by stunrock View Post
    how can i install the beta 12.9?

should i create the deb packages or should I .run the installer?

http://www.upubuntu.com/2012/09/how-...29-driver.html

I downloaded this (beta) Catalyst 12.9 three weeks ago and tried to install it on Ubuntu 12.10 Beta 64 Bit for my "Intel® HD Graphics 3000 & AMD Radeon™ HD 6630M" hardware. But the installer did not let me continue the installation process because a message appears that shows, that my card is not supported.
    The 12.6 Catalyst on Ubuntu 12.04 64 Bit works well on my System (I followed the description from post #1 of this thread).

EDIT:
    Today I tested the Catalyst 12.9 on Ubuntu 12.10. I created the .deb-files. But it does not work. I only see the login-screen. After entering the password for my user, nothing happens....
    Last edited by mlux; October 19th, 2012 at 10:31 AM.

Beans

so does this tutorial works for my laptop? its a sony vaio i have an i5 with a 7550m

Page 48 of 89 FirstFirst ... 38464748495058 ... LastLast