Page 46 of 89 FirstFirst ... 36444546474856 ... LastLast

Thread: AMD/Intel Hybrid Graphics works

Beans

Re: AMD/Intel Hybrid Graphics works !

Quote Originally Posted by teknikk7 View Post
    I have an Alienware m18x. Dual 7990 with i7 HD3000. I disabled onboard video via BIOS settings leaving only PEG enabled. I have installed the ATI driver from the website and keep getting the error when I launch catalyst control center.

There was a problem initializing Catalyst Control Center Linux edition. It could be caused by the following.

No ATI graphics driver is installed, or the ATI driver is not functioning properly.
    Please install the ATI driver appropriate for you ATI hardware, or configure using aticonfig.

Any ideas guys?
    Here's the lspci output:

00:00.0 Host bridge: Intel Corporation Ivy Bridge DRAM Controller (rev 09)
    00:01.0 PCI bridge: Intel Corporation Ivy Bridge PCI Express Root Port (rev 09)
    00:01.1 PCI bridge: Intel Corporation Ivy Bridge PCI Express Root Port (rev 09)
    00:14.0 USB Controller: Intel Corporation Panther Point USB xHCI Host Controller (rev 04)
    00:16.0 Communication controller: Intel Corporation Panther Point MEI Controller #1 (rev 04)
    00:1a.0 USB Controller: Intel Corporation Panther Point USB Enhanced Host Controller #2 (rev 04)
    00:1b.0 Audio device: Intel Corporation Panther Point High Definition Audio Controller (rev 04)
    00:1c.0 PCI bridge: Intel Corporation Panther Point PCI Express Root Port 1 (rev c4)
    00:1c.2 PCI bridge: Intel Corporation Panther Point PCI Express Root Port 3 (rev c4)
    00:1c.3 PCI bridge: Intel Corporation Panther Point PCI Express Root Port 4 (rev c4)
    00:1c.4 PCI bridge: Intel Corporation Panther Point PCI Express Root Port 5 (rev c4)
    00:1d.0 USB Controller: Intel Corporation Panther Point USB Enhanced Host Controller #1 (rev 04)
    00:1f.0 ISA bridge: Intel Corporation Panther Point LPC Controller (rev 04)
    00:1f.2 RAID bus controller: Intel Corporation Mobile 82801 SATA RAID Controller (rev 04)
    00:1f.3 SMBus: Intel Corporation Panther Point SMBus Controller (rev 04)
    01:00.0 VGA compatible controller: ATI Technologies Inc Device 6800
    01:00.1 Audio device: ATI Technologies Inc Device aab0
    07:00.0 VGA compatible controller: ATI Technologies Inc Device 6800
    08:00.0 Ethernet controller: Atheros Communications AR8151 v2.0 Gigabit Ethernet (rev c0)
    09:00.0 Network controller: Intel Corporation Device 0887 (rev c4)
    0a:00.0 Unassigned class [ff00]: Realtek Semiconductor Co., Ltd. Device 5209 (rev 01)
    0a:00.1 SD Host controller: Realtek Semiconductor Co., Ltd. Device 5209 (rev 01)

Also when I do this:

root@bt:~# sudo aticonfig --initial -f
    aticonfig: No supported adapters detected

Thanks for any help guys...
    Hi,

I have a Vostro 3550 (Intel3000/AMD6630M) I tried to install the new Catalyst 12.9 and I got the same "aticonfig: No supported adapters detected" error. 12.8 works perfectly with my machine, you should try it: Catalyst 12.8 driver download
    I hope it helps.

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by orbus View Post
    Hi,

I have a Vostro 3550 (Intel3000/AMD6630M) I tried to install the new Catalyst 12.9 and I got the same "aticonfig: No supported adapters detected" error. 12.8 works perfectly with my machine, you should try it: Catalyst 12.8 driver download
    I hope it helps.
    I have been using 12.8... No go.

Thx

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by teknikk7 View Post
    I have been using 12.8... No go.

Thx
    Then try lower versions from Catalyst for example 12.6.

Which kernel version do you use?

Beans

Works perfectly on Sony Vaio VPCSA3C5E.
    Just registered to say that =P
    Thank you very much for the post.

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by orbus View Post
    Then try lower versions from Catalyst for example 12.6.

Which kernel version do you use?
    Well I have Dual 7970 in crossfire (Alienware M18x R2). I don't think I can go that low.

Beans

Hello . I'm using HP Probook 4530s with i5 2410 and ATI Radeon 64xx DGPU. Installed the drivers as per instructions - the ati chip got enabled and works pretty good . However switching to the integrated GPU does not seem to work . Whether I do it from the AMD Catalyst Control Center or thru the terminal with the command aticonfig --px-igpu the result is the same - the computer would boot but unity wont load . The only thing I can see is my icons on the desktop and can open a terminal to switch back to the discrete gpu. No unity panel , no unity top bar , no icon border , nothing. I would be really glad if someone could tell me if they had success in resolving this issue. ( the HP Probook 4530s is marked as working in the OP ).

Beans

Unhappy Re: AMD/Intel Hybrid Graphics works !

It is very frustrating.
    I have exactly the same configuration (HP Envy 13 with ATI Radeon/Intel).
    My installation is clean, of 12.04 64bit, and I did not install any previous fglrx
    I followed the instructions step by step, and everything worked propely.
    When I try to build the package with the command

Code:
    sudo sh ./amd-driver-installer-12-4-x86.x86_64.run --buildpkg Ubuntu/precise
    I get the error

Code:
    dpkg-shlibdeps: error: no dependency information found for /usr/share/ati/lib64/libQtCore.so.4 (used by debian/fglrx/usr/lib/fglrx/bin/amdnotifyui)
    I do not get the package, so I cannot go any further.
    Any idea what I could try?

Beans

Followed the guide to the absolute letter, and it worked like a charm!

Although AMD have updated their drivers, I decided to go with 12.4 as outlined in the instructions.

I have followed other guides a few times previously and have ended up with a unbootable machine.

Switched to the intel graphics for the first time and watched in amazement as my battery indicator started going up!

Can't thank you enough really.

I am using Ubuntu 12.04 64bit. Core i5-2430M CPU

HP Probook 4330s, Intel HD3000, AMD 6400M, HDMI Intel/AMD not tested/not tested VGA Intel/AMD not tested/not tested

Beans

Really a great work alex.. thanks a lot for this. I have not yet tried this yet but I am having similar problem that is.

HP Pavilion dm4 with configuration as shown below

cpu intel Core i5 2.26 GHz
    RAM 4.0 GB
    Graphics processor 512MB ATI Mobility Radeon(TM) HD 5450 switchable graphics [HDMI, VGA].

I installed ubuntu 10.04 ( without AMD graphics driver) it was working fine, but when I installed AMD graphics drivers AMD Catalyst™ 12.8 Proprietary Linux x86 Display Driver, than the problem started from then When I boot I was get black screen.

Than I thought to upgrade from ubuntu 10.04 to 12.04 using the bootable pen drive but was getting black screen than read on some forums that was because of the switchable graphics, than upgraded ubuntu 12.04 by setting to "nomodeset". It was working, again thought to install graphics driver AMD Catalyst™ 12.8 Proprietary Linux x86 Display Driver, again after installing this, when I boot I am getting blank scree .

Can anyone help me to inatall ubuntu 12.04 along with AMD Catalyst™ 12.8 Proprietary Linux x86 Display Driver.

Any help is highly appreciated.

I will go home try you method... Will inform you the result shortly
    Thank you.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

Arrow Re: AMD/Intel Hybrid Graphics works !

To anyone savvy in graphics configuration and interested - there's a bounty at askubuntu.com to crack http://askubuntu.com/questions/18954...ati-switchable

Page 46 of 89 FirstFirst ... 36444546474856 ... LastLast