Page 43 of 87 FirstFirst ... 33414243444553 ... LastLast

Thread: AMD/Intel Hybrid Graphics works

Beans

Re: AMD/Intel Hybrid Graphics works !

1st of all Thank you very very much to @Alexislavie @Niccola @codeguru11 for your effort. My Laptop is dv6-6155tx with intel i5, hybrid card (Intel 3000 and Ati radeon 6490m). I was really frustrated for over 4 days with the over heating problem of discrete card then suddenly i found this awesome thread.......

It works just fine and now i m able to run Ubuntu 12.06 with the integrated Card. And with direct rendering the Ubuntu 3D looks just Freaking Awesome........

Thank you again guys. =D>=D>=D>. U Rock !

P.S - I am new to ubuntu and this forum. I registered just to say thanks to you guys !

Beans

Superb solution - I'm able to have full graphics functionality at last!

Thanks for all the hard work to solve this problem!

Incidentally, if not already added, here's my details:

HP dv6-6c77sa

Beans

Thanks
    Last edited by Domovoi419; August 28th, 2012 at 11:02 PM.

Beans

Wow... Thank you so much! I followed the tutorial exactly and now my hybrid graphics is running flawlessly. (radeon 6770m on hp dv6 here)

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by sarntam View Post
    I got the graphics working with this guide. (I did need to apply the patch to get direct rendering working for the integrated graphics though)

Samsung 700Z3A-S02, Intel HD 3000, AMD Radeon 6490M, VGA: working/working, HDMI: working/working

You need the adapter for Samsung's proprietary connector to plug in a VGA monitor, it is supported out of the box though.

Other recommendations for this laptop:

• Install samsung-tools and samsung-laptop from the Linux on my Samsung PPA. (enables backlight when you use the Grub kernel switch acpi_backlight=vendor, also check the Voria forums instructions on how to add backlight support to xorg.conf. Still didn't work for me, I used xbindkey and xbacklight in the end)
    • Install Jupiter (CPU power saving tool)
    • Enable power saving (see thread at CrunchBang forums)
    • Add kernel switches for better performance of CPU / integrated graphics (see Phoronix #1 #2)
    • Install the proprietary WiFi Card driver offered in the "additional drivers" dialogue of Ubuntu to enable power saving for the WiFi card.
    Did you add all of the kernel switches listed in #1 and #2?
    Thanks!
    -J

Beans

Thanks! this tutorial working perfectly with HP Pavilion g6 111el, intel 3000 + AMD 6470M.

I have 2 questions:

1) In such cases it is preferable to use the dedicated card rather than the integrated?
    2) This tutorial will work also for Ubuntu 12.10 and the new GNOMEbuntu?

Sorry for my bad english

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

Can confirm this works on HP Pavilion M6-1054sa. However, installing the drivers the way the OP shared is not necesary - one simply has to install the driver with Jockey (not the post-release driver) and then run "aticonfig --initial" to set up, and follow the OP's instructions from there.

Thanks!
    "The Apple AA battery charger. This charges everything. Again."

My Blog

Beans

Thank you!
    Thants work, but dont perfectly for me.
    HP Probook 4530s, Intel HD 3000, AMD 6490m, HDMI Intel/AMD: not tested/not tested, VGA Intel/AMD: not working/working
    Ubuntu 12.04.1 clean(but vgaswitcher was working)
    1) To start x-server with amd card I need to stop x-server, config drivers, and start x-server again manualy. I don't see it in main thread, thants why I just restarts my lightdm service and it's doesn't work first.
    2) Intel card doesn't work normally. With xorg.conf for amd card it not even starts. Than I made other config for intel card. Now x-server starts(more precisely lightdm starts), but normal unity doesn't work.
    3) Now with active amd card powerred intel card! On keyboard I can fry egg! Laptop can work from battery just 1.5 hours.
    Can you help me with this? I'm thinking about reinstall ubuntu and just disactive amd card like I do before, but don't want to do it, coz I want to use amd card, even if I will can't use my intel card.

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by Rosterbyte View Post
    Thanks! this tutorial working perfectly with HP Pavilion g6 111el, intel 3000 + AMD 6470M.

I have 2 questions:

1) In such cases it is preferable to use the dedicated card rather than the integrated?
    2) This tutorial will work also for Ubuntu 12.10 and the new GNOMEbuntu?

Sorry for my bad english
    1) It depends on what you use your laptop for. If you do a lot of things that need strong graphics (serious gaming, video production) you'll probably want to use the dedicated card most of the time. If you only do things that aren't heavy on graphics (web browsing, YouTube, light gaming), you'll probably want to use the integrated card more often so you can save battery.

2) I'm no expert, but I don't see anything that would prevent it from working with that setup, assuming the Catalyst drivers work properly with the kernel that comes with 12.10.

And your English is fine; it's better than that of many native speakers

P.S. I have to report that this tutorial does NOT work with a Clevo P170EM, but I imagine that this is mostly due to this bug. If/when this gets fixed, I'll try it again and report back!

Beans

3D Rendering has failed for me on Intel Sandy bridge gpu on Ubuntu 32bit installation.
    Everything worked fine on the 64 Bit Installation of Ubuntu.

I for one also ran this extra command in the procedure for the 32bit installation
    cd /usr ; sudo ln -svT lib /usr/lib32
    i replaced the end lib64 with lib32 as the drivers looks for a /usr/lib32 folder in a 32bit installation whereas ubuntu works only with the folder named 'lib'.

Any suggestions on what I can do to enable 3D rendering on an intel sandy bridge running with dual ATI Hybrid.

I have a HD 7600 series card on my laptop.

Cheers.

Page 43 of 87 FirstFirst ... 33414243444553 ... LastLast