Thread: skype multiple instances - how do I download python

Beans

skype multiple instances - how do I download python

Hi, I'm trying to solve multiple instances with skype: skype won't start saying that there might be another instance running. And before that it always wants me to agree to the Terms and Conditions over and over.
    I found that this might solve it, but I don't know what to do with it. Shall I just drag it to terminal line after line. So, basically I need more help with downlloading python in the first place.

http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.p...ingle+instance

Thank you

winh8r is offline Iced Almond Soy Ubuntu, No Foam
    Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

Re: skype multiple instances - how do I download python

To get python, open a terminal and enter:

Code:
    sudo apt-get install python
    this will check to see if you have the latest version installed and offer you the latest version if you haven't.

As for the skype issue , the thread you refer to seems to resolve the issue from what I read, so you are on the right track there.

you can copy the code to an empty text file and give it a name ending in .py then run it as a python script.

just move to the directory where you have saved the script using the cd command then enter the name of the script at the command prompt

for instance:

Code:
    examplename.py
    and it should run ok.
    Last edited by winh8r; February 23rd, 2012 at 06:04 PM.

Beans

Re: skype multiple instances - how do I download python

Hi, and thank you.
    I coppied it to gedit, named it skyppe.py saved in ~/Templates. Tried to run it, being in the right directory with "skyppe.py" or "python skyppe.py"
    none of those worked. ("no such file or directory")
    I tried to move the file to usr/local/bin but I couldn't do that. So there's probabl something I'm missing out. Does it matter how you name the file and where you save it? And can you just run it like that, or you have to run it as root?
    thank you