Thread: eec pc - unable to operate fully

Beans

eec pc - unable to operate fully

"I am unable to access "diagnostic tools" to check my battery - my battery runs out in a few minutes although it is shown as fully charged."

Beans

Re: eec pc - unable to operate fully

Well, EeePCs are rather old now, so you need to repair the battery pack.

Don't buy a 'new' battery pack, since it will be the same age as the present one and therefore also bad even if it has never been used, or maybe especially if it has never been used.

All major cities have one or two places that can slice open a battery pack and put new cells in it - doesn't cost much.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

Re: eec pc - unable to operate fully

Don't buy a 'new' battery pack, since it will be the same age as the present one and therefore also bad even if it has never been used, or maybe especially if it has never been used.
    I find that difficult to believe. If you buy from a reputable source, they're not going to sell you a product that *every single customer* will return as defective.

For example (picked first option on Amazon UK with reasonable number of reviews):
    http://www.amazon.co.uk/product-revi...DateDescending

6 out of 8 people are 100% happy (5*). Only one person complains about battery life and they say they got 4hrs - but this is about what I got when my eeePC was new (maybe 5 hours tops - and others say they got 5hrs anyhow). And it's cheap.

I don't think these batteries have been sitting on a shelf for 3+ years. They probably have enough ongoing demand to produce moderate size batches quite frequently.