Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: System dead get a file back?

Beans

Re: System dead get a file back?

Quote Originally Posted by jtarin View Post
    Make sure your CD is set to be first bootable. Then when you boot run a "FSCK".. If you made your USB from the Live CD it might be corrupted itself.Maybe download and burn another.
    jtarin, I can't boot into live mode, same errors. I am now on my laptop, still same errors.

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by sadaruwan12 View Post
    Did you tried the command I gave you?

and I don't think with normal user right you'll be able to access the folder. Give the root rights to it and then try it.

Use the command I gave you to get the root access.
    It's like this after that command:

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

OK, But normally a file doesn't get written in to another file where did you save the file.
    Make Google your friend
    Please Mark threads as solved when they have been answered

Beans

OK, But normally a file doesn't get written in to another file where did you save the file.
    Home/downloads But I guess it stores in the persistent file, namely casper-rw.

Beans
    Distro

WoW O_o thats a bummer.

OK, Try this then bakup your current casper-rw and create a whole new persistent usb drive after making sure it works replace the new casper-rw with the old one.

This might work please try it 'cos I don't this there is a way to extract a file form another type of a file except a compressed one.
    Make Google your friend

Beans

WoW O_o thats a bummer.

OK, Try this then bakup your current casper-rw and create a whole new persistent usb drive after making sure it works replace the new casper-rw with the old one.

This might work please try it 'cos I don't this there is a way to extract a file form another type of a file except a compressed one.
    Yes, I am thinking about it. But I really doubt it can work. Will try it.

Well, thank god it is just 3 hours of work. So the worst situation is I do 3 hours of repeat work.

So linux filesystem is build like this? When your system dies, your files die along?

Beans
    Distro

Quote Originally Posted by bonedriven View Post
    Yes, I am thinking about it. But I really doubt it can work. Will try it.

Well, thank god it is just 3 hours of work. So the worst situation is I do 3 hours of repeat work.

So linux filesystem is build like this? When your system dies, your files die along?
    No, No it's not like that in your case it's a totally different situation what you're using is a system that runs on file structure and persistent USB pen drive is not like the actual Linux installation.

Compared to many OS's we have the most data recoverable file system when one installs a new system it's advised to create a separate /home partition where all your private data and thesis's get saved.

And we created another partition called the root "/" this contains all the system files. If something happens to your system files and your OS get corrupted you can back up or keep your private data unharmed.

But in your current case it's totally different all the files are in a single file that's why they have folder saying save all here.

Our file systems are not built keep or destroy your data but to protect them and make them easier to get back up.
    Make Google your friend

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12