Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: UbuntuForums add-on & Indicator .

Beans
    Hidden!

UbuntuForums add-on & Indicator .

Hi , How it would be if Ubuntuforums have an Add-on and Indicator for the purpose of intimating the user who have posted Question/Answer in Ubuntuforums .

So when His post got some reply he will get notified with Indicator / Add-On.

regards
    raja
    Dont miss anything even it is small. one small pin is enough to bring down a man.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

Re: UbuntuForums add-on & Indicator .

I think this would be good. Also - the home page could update new topics automatically, so I don't need to keep refreshing.
    Join us on irc at #ubuntuforums. For web chat see here

To teach is to learn. ~ Japanese Proverb

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Xubuntu

Thread moved to Forum Feedback & Help.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 20.04 Focal Fossa

Quote Originally Posted by raja.genupula View Post
    Hi , How it would be if Ubuntuforums have an Add-on and Indicator for the purpose of intimating the user who have posted Question/Answer in Ubuntuforums .

I think this would cause a little bit more strain on the system. These forums are vBulletin, no? Do you know of any modifications or such which can be deployed on vBulletin accordingly? Also, if you got five hundred replies and they're all spam, would you really want the notifications? Also, you can just turn on email notification, if you're > 50 beans (otherwise you're kind of screwed).

Quote Originally Posted by msammels View Post
    I think this would be good. Also - the home page could update new topics automatically, so I don't need to keep refreshing.
    I think it could be done, just add an autorefresh meta tag into the page. But remember that this can also increase strain at the end-user, if Firefox or whatever web browser eats up additional memory each refresh (its been known to happen).

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Xubuntu

Quote Originally Posted by msammels View Post
    Try the reloadevery addon if you use firefox - I use it all the time for the front page.

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Xubuntu

Quote Originally Posted by raja.genupula View Post

regards
    raja
    As I said on IRC the chances of anything being changed before we get upgraded are extremely slim.

Beans
    Hidden!

Quote Originally Posted by Elfy View Post
    Try the reloadevery addon if you use firefox - I use it all the time for the front page.

+1 , i am also going to try it
    Dont miss anything even it is small. one small pin is enough to bring down a man.

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Xubuntu

Control+R = keyboard short-cut. Reloads the page. Simple.

Beans
    Distro
    Xubuntu 12.10 Quantal Quetzal

Quote Originally Posted by Bucky Ball View Post
    Control+R = keyboard short-cut. Reloads the page. Simple.
    Or with F5 there's only one key to hit.
    Remember When Double-Dog dare ya's and water balloons were the ultimate weapon?

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Xubuntu

Quote Originally Posted by critin View Post
    Or with F5 there's only one key to hit.
    Cool. I'm a touch-typist and, although this may sound odd, when I learnt forty-five years ago there wasn't F* keys so they kinda don't exist for me unless I think about them! Where as ctl+r is right there for me, 'under my hands'. I don't need to move my hands or think about it, if you know what I mean. I never use the F keys unless there is absolutely no other way of doing something.

Nice tip though. Good for others I'm sure.

(PS: I have shortcut combinations for pretty much everything I use regularly, including Synaptics and Update Manager; I don't use icons at all for anything (apart from taskbar widgets like mixer, calendar, time, etc., so not a typical user environment I guess, whatever that is!)
    Last edited by Bucky Ball; July 6th, 2012 at 09:17 AM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast