Thread: ubuntu bootup password

Beans

ubuntu bootup password

Please guide me to setup bootup password for ubuntu
    Last edited by Iowan; February 22nd, 2012 at 04:01 AM. Reason: Nomalized font

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Xubuntu

Re: ubuntu bootup password

Not sure what you mean. You have no user and password or you have forgotten your password??? Have you googled for a solution to your issue?

(ps: although you might be desperate for help, putting everything in bold is a bit like shouting ...)

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by Bucky Ball View Post
    Not sure what you mean. You have no user and password or you have forgotten your password??? Have you googled for a solution to your issue?

(ps: although you might be desperate for help, putting everything in bold is a bit like shouting ...)
    No sir

I want to put a password after grub laded . Not relate to password forgotton case . I put it bold because my eye sight litte bit weak

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Xubuntu

Oh, okay. Where do you want to put the password? What is it needed for? To log in to Ubuntu?

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by Bucky Ball View Post
    Oh, okay. Where do you want to put the password? What is it needed for? To log in to Ubuntu?
    We had an assignment to create a encypted ubuntu OS in a USB with a boot password ..

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

Quote Originally Posted by ruchira View Post
    We had an assignment to create a encypted ubuntu OS in a USB with a boot password ..
    From the forum rules:
    While we are happy to serve as a resource for hints and for asking questions when you get stuck and need a little help, the Ubuntu Forums is not a homework service. Please do not post your homework assignments expecting someone else to do it for you. Any such threads will be taken offline and warnings or infractions may be issued.
    Cheesemill

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

Creating an encrypted usb install, should be covered in your course material. Thread closed