Thread: Miro Crashes Constantly

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 13.04 Raring Ringtail

Question Miro Crashes Constantly

Hey guys,

I used to use Miro 3 all the time. I loved it. It was the best video center I had ever found.

A while back Miro 4 came out... I upgraded... and it crashes constantly. I figured it was new software, it had some kinks... so I waited.

Now it's nearly a year old, and it still crashes constantly. While watching videos, while downloading, even while just sitting around not being used at all, it crashes.

I've installed it fresh on newly formatted system, so I know it isn't just the upgrade process. I've only tried it on Ubuntu (11.04, 11.10, and linux Mint, all x64), so I was wondering if anyone else had any experience with Miro 4.

I'm wondering if maybe there are some settings I need to adjust, or if Miro 4 is just a piece of crap and I should move on to find a new media center...

Beans

Re: Miro Crashes Constantly

Gotta ask the obvious. Did you run the MemTest scan for a full pass?

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 13.04 Raring Ringtail

Yeah, there's no problems with my memory or my system that I know of. The only problems are coming from Miro 2...

Just to clarify -- my system isn't crashing. Only Miro is.

(I realize this seems like more of a question for the Miro forums, but I'm really just curious if I'm the only one on Ubuntu with this issue, or if there are any suggestions for a better media center.)

Beans

I'm having the same problem. Miro 4 eats up all my available memory and becomes, effectively a vampire zombie. I've been tolerating it but now I'm thinking it's crapware.