Thread: Screen goes blurry when LibreOffice opened

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

Screen goes blurry when LibreOffice opened

I posted this in the Multimedia & Video forum about 2 weeks ago and never got any responses. So here it is again to see if it works here:

Hello, I am having a problem, seemingly with my NVIDIA onboard video. When I open any LibreOffice application, my whole screen goes blurry; see the attached screenshot. I am using 11.10 Oneiric 64-bit with NVIDIA GeForce 7025.

Thanks.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Beans

Re: Screen goes blurry when LibreOffice opened

I can't say I know for sure, but seeing that your previous post got ignored I'll offer you something.

It kinda seems like a driver issue. Have you tried running "additional drivers"?

I googled drivers for your particular graphics card and came up with a bug that may or may not apply to you:
    https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+s...rs/+bug/859979

Beans
    Distro

Quote Originally Posted by Ms. Daisy View Post
    I can't say I know for sure, but seeing that your previous post got ignored I'll offer you something.

It kinda seems like a driver issue. Have you tried running "additional drivers"?

I googled drivers for your particular graphics card and came up with a bug that may or may not apply to you:
    https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+s...rs/+bug/859979
    Thanks for answering! I thought I might never get any help on this! This bug doesn't look like it would pertain to my problem (though I understand that sometimes fixing one bug can inadvertently fix others). Maybe I should submit it as a bug. I was hoping to get help on here first, but there may not be anything that anyone on here can do.

Beans

It's weird that it only happens with LibreOffice. You haven't had any luck updating or finding new drivers?

Beans

I found a LibreOffice forum, maybe if the problem is truly confined to only that application you can get some answers over there. If it were me I would open up every installed application to see if anything else is affected first.

http://en.libreofficeforum.org/

Beans
    Distro

It's weird that it only happens with LibreOffice. You haven't had any luck updating or finding new drivers?
    Back when I first bought this motherboard, I had to work on it for weeks off and on before I finally found a driver and OS version that would work. I tried every one of the listed drivers in Additional Drivers one at a time, and each one had a different problem. I had various other problems in the process as well. You can read about it in my other post if you really want to know. I ended up having to install 64-bit Oneiric and then had go to the NVIDIA website and downloading the latest driver for it. No drivers for 32-bit and no drivers for 64-bit worked normally at all except for this one (as I'm typing, I realize I'm not totally sure I tried the 32-bit driver from the NVIDIA site, but I'd rather not go through the process of re-installing Ubuntu yet again to try that one).

Beans
    Distro

I found a LibreOffice forum, maybe if the problem is truly confined to only that application you can get some answers over there. If it were me I would open up every installed application to see if anything else is affected first.

http://en.libreofficeforum.org/
    Thanks, that gives me something to try. I'll post again once I've tried all that.

Beans

Question Re: Screen goes blurry when LibreOffice opened

This is the same problem as I did.Is there any solution of the problem?
    btw, I installed ubuntu 12.10 on MCP6P3 Biostar Motherboard with NVIDIA Geforce 6150 GPU integrated video and AMD Phenom II X2 Processor.

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

Quote Originally Posted by irwan4all View Post
    This is the same problem as I did.Is there any solution of the problem?
    btw, I installed ubuntu 12.10 on MCP6P3 Biostar Motherboard with NVIDIA Geforce 6150 GPU integrated video and AMD Phenom II X2 Processor.<snip>
    It looks like you have a graphics driver problem, what driver are you using?

If you aren't sure what driver you are using, open a terminal, open the dash and type "ter", and click the terminal icon, once the terminal is open, copy/paste the following command:

Code:
    /usr/lib/nux/unity_support_test -p -f
    and paste the output into your next post.

Beans

This is the result for /usr/lib/nux/unity_support_test -p -f

Code:
    OpenGL vendor string:   NVIDIA Corporation
    OpenGL renderer string: GeForce 6150SE nForce 430/integrated/SSE2/3DNOW!
    OpenGL version string:  2.1.2 NVIDIA 304.64

Not software rendered:    yes
    Not blacklisted:          yes
    GLX fbconfig:             yes
    GLX texture from pixmap:  yes
    GL npot or rect textures: yes
    GL vertex program:        yes
    GL fragment program:      yes
    GL vertex buffer object:  yes
    GL framebuffer object:    yes
    GL version is 1.4+:       yes

Unity 3D supported:       yes
    It's still blurry, but Thx b4.
    Last edited by irwan4all; November 16th, 2012 at 08:16 PM.