I know that it's a little bit of old news, but I JUST saw the xps 13 ultrabook, and I really want one. I do have a fondness for apple, but this makes me want to get a dell instead. I'm going into highschool in September, so I have a while to decide (It also gives time for the next macbook air to come out). If the feature set on the air is right, than i might go with that, but I want a machine that will work really well ubuntu, straight from the usb stick. I've heard that there are a couple problems with ubuntu and the air. But there's one thing that I will NOT live with - windows. But if there are any other ultrabooks that look like the macbook air (I know that that's what they're intended for, but i want it to be really thin) with a better feature set (or if the xps has a better one too), then I'll look into it. Price isn't an issue, and I think something about 13 inches would be nice, since I can have a lot of portability, and then plug it into a bigger monitor at home. Plus, I've also been looking into a chrome book, but I don't think it would really work for me.