Thread: MP3/CD Player for partially sighted person

Beans

Wink MP3/CD Player for partially sighted person

SHORT STORY: I am looking for an MP3/CD play for a partially sighted person. It really needs to have (or be able to be skjinned with this) very large, simple controls and a play list.

What do you reommend?

Long Story: My daughter's drum teacher is almost blind, but needs to play backing tracks to help students preapre for drum exams. His CD player broke, bought him a new DVD player (you cannot buy a CD player!!) that had a decent sized display (not great though). Did not work as the CD jumps when two drummers are thrashing away. Lucky enough to get money back on that. I suggested a "solid state" device, hence here I am looking for a player that has a large display, simple controls and play list (about 10 tracks).

Any help would be appreciated

cheers

Craig Rippon
    Custome Tees
    Brisbane, Australia
    0403-809-344

Beans

Re: MP3/CD Player for partially sighted person

I'm thinking Audacious running under icewm (only thing that starts) and running in double mode. Just trying to find a really nice and clean XMMS/Winamp skin that would be easy to find the buttons. Anyone have anything.
    Last edited by Sef; July 6th, 2008 at 01:20 PM. Reason: Edited post for clarity.