Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Epiphany flash issue

Beans
    Distro
    Xubuntu 18.04 Bionic Beaver

Re: Epiphany flash issue

Quote Originally Posted by mdye View Post
    Why is this thread marked SOLVED? It's not solved at all - people want to use *Flash* which is not just used in YouTube. It's awesome that YouTube is using HTML5 - would that *everyone* were doing that (e.g., Hulu, etc.) But they just don't. At the risk of sounding snarky, I'm pretty sure GNOME and KDE people don't actually ever use the internet (though, to be fair, Epiphany has improved a *lot* - you can now use Google Drive. I never thought I'd see the day when it was that useful.) If the Epiphany developers could just address the gaping holes in this nice application it'd be great.

For me it is solved in the web version 3.4.1, with adobe flashplayer 11.2.232.238 and installing nspluginwrapper and nspluginviewer. I can see flash videos with web without any problem.

It is certain, that it has been a long time for epiphany webkit to work with flashplayer, but now they have got.

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by claracc View Post
    For me it is solved in the web version 3.4.1, with adobe flashplayer 11.2.232.238 and installing nspluginwrapper and nspluginviewer. I can see flash videos with web without any problem.

It is certain, that it has been a long time for epiphany webkit to work with flashplayer, but now they have got.
    @claracc, you may be interested to know that Midori plays Flash without needing the wrapper.

Beans
    Distro

Quote Originally Posted by vasa1 View Post
    @claracc, you may be interested to know that Midori plays Flash without needing the wrapper.
    I didn't know. Thanks.

Do you recommend better to use midori instead epiphany in an old pIII 1GHz CPU, 512 MB ram?.

Is midori using less resources (CPU and ram) than epiphany or are they similar?

Beans

I didn't know. Thanks.

Do you recommend better to use midori instead epiphany in an old pIII 1GHz CPU, 512 MB ram?.

Is midori using less resources (CPU and ram) than epiphany or are they similar?
    @claracc, I think they're very similar in resource usage but Midori seems more user friendly, AFAICT, and the Midori QnA at Launchpad is decent as well. But, to get the latest, you'll have to install it via its Launchpad ppa (which is what I've done).

I had a problem with Epiphany when I tried to use a custom ad blocker. Another potential concern is that the Epiphany devs are keen to ensure it works primarily with a GNOME environment.

Beans
    Distro

Quote Originally Posted by vasa1 View Post
    @claracc, I think they're very similar in resource usage but Midori seems more user friendly, AFAICT, and the Midori QnA at Launchpad is decent as well. But, to get the latest, you'll have to install it via its Launchpad ppa (which is what I've done).

I had a problem with Epiphany when I tried to use a custom ad blocker. Another potential concern is that the Epiphany devs are keen to ensure it works primarily with a GNOME environment.
    Thankyou. I will try.

Beans

This doesn't work for me

I ran
    Code:
    $ sudo apt-get install nspluginwrapper nspluginviewer
    Reading package lists... Done
    Building dependency tree       
    Reading state information... Done
    The following packages were automatically installed and are no longer required:
      calligra-l10n-engb cdparanoia k3b k3b-data k3b-i18n kdevelop-l10n
      kdevelop-php-docs-l10n kdevelop-php-l10n language-pack-kde-en
      libasprintf0c2:i386 libflac++6 libgomp1:i386 libk3b6
    Use 'apt-get autoremove' to remove them.
    The following NEW packages will be installed:
      nspluginviewer:i386 nspluginwrapper
    0 upgraded, 2 newly installed, 0 to remove and 0 not upgraded.
    Need to get 202 kB of archives.
    After this operation, 583 kB of additional disk space will be used.
    Get:1 http://ie.archive.ubuntu.com/ubuntu/ quantal/multiverse nspluginviewer i386 1.4.4-0ubuntu4 [86.0 kB]
    Get:2 http://ie.archive.ubuntu.com/ubuntu/ quantal/multiverse nspluginwrapper amd64 1.4.4-0ubuntu4 [116 kB]
    Fetched 202 kB in 0s (380 kB/s)      
    Selecting previously unselected package nspluginviewer.
    (Reading database ... 202461 files and directories currently installed.)
    Unpacking nspluginviewer (from .../nspluginviewer_1.4.4-0ubuntu4_i386.deb) ...
    Selecting previously unselected package nspluginwrapper.
    Unpacking nspluginwrapper (from .../nspluginwrapper_1.4.4-0ubuntu4_amd64.deb) ...
    Processing triggers for man-db ...
    Setting up nspluginviewer (1.4.4-0ubuntu4) ...
    Setting up nspluginwrapper (1.4.4-0ubuntu4) ...
    plugin dirs:
    nspluginwrapper: no appropriate viewer found for /usr/lib/flashplugin-installer/libflashplayer.so
    Auto-update plugins from /usr/lib/mozilla/plugins
    Looking for plugins in /usr/lib/mozilla/plugins
    Auto-update plugins from /usr/lib/firefox/plugins
    Looking for plugins in /usr/lib/firefox/plugins
    Auto-update plugins from /root/.mozilla/plugins
    Looking for plugins in /root/.mozilla/plugins
    Then I ran
    Code:
    $ nspluginwrapper -v -n -a -i
    Auto-install plugins from /usr/lib/mozilla/plugins
    Looking for plugins in /usr/lib/mozilla/plugins
    *** NSPlugin Viewer  *** ERROR: /usr/lib/mozilla/plugins/libvlcplugin.so: wrong ELF class: ELFCLASS64
    *** NSPlugin Viewer  *** ERROR: /usr/lib/mozilla/plugins/librhythmbox-itms-detection-plugin.so: wrong ELF class: ELFCLASS64
    *** NSPlugin Viewer  *** ERROR: /usr/lib/mozilla/plugins/libcinnamon-browser-plugin.so: wrong ELF class: ELFCLASS64
    *** NSPlugin Viewer  *** ERROR: /usr/lib/mozilla/plugins/libgnome-shell-browser-plugin.so: wrong ELF class: ELFCLASS64
    *** NSPlugin Viewer  *** ERROR: /usr/lib/mozilla/plugins/libflashplayer.so: wrong ELF class: ELFCLASS64
    *** NSPlugin Viewer  *** ERROR: /usr/lib/mozilla/plugins/libtotem-gmp-plugin.so: wrong ELF class: ELFCLASS64
    *** NSPlugin Viewer  *** ERROR: /usr/lib/mozilla/plugins/libtotem-narrowspace-plugin.so: wrong ELF class: ELFCLASS64
    *** NSPlugin Viewer  *** ERROR: /usr/lib/mozilla/plugins/libjavaplugin.so: wrong ELF class: ELFCLASS64
    *** NSPlugin Viewer  *** ERROR: /usr/lib/mozilla/plugins/libtotem-mully-plugin.so: wrong ELF class: ELFCLASS64
    *** NSPlugin Viewer  *** ERROR: /usr/lib/mozilla/plugins/libtotem-cone-plugin.so: wrong ELF class: ELFCLASS64
    Auto-install plugins from /usr/lib/firefox/plugins
    Looking for plugins in /usr/lib/firefox/plugins
    If I open this page, it stills tells me that i need flash

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12