Thread: Microsoft Office 2007 Fonts Missing

Beans

Microsoft Office 2007 Fonts Missing

Hello, I am new here and new to using Ubuntu. I was wondering if anyone has experienced this problem. I use microsoft office 2007 and one day the Times New Roman font went missing. I cannot create a document in Times New Roman anymore. When I open a document that was written in Times New Roman it does say the name in the font area however the font is not correct. It is some bold italicized font. For most people this may not be a problem but I am a student and my teachers require that font.

I installed Microsoft Word with Play on Linux.

I don't know if this helps but here is some information about my OS. It is Ubuntu 64 bit. Release 11.04 (natty) Kernal Linux 2.6.38-13-generic GNOME 2.32.1

Beans
    Hidden!

Re: Microsoft Office 2007 Fonts Missing

Hi
    I have got Something for you.
    look at this http://askubuntu.com/questions/54843...ce-within-wine

I hope that helps . scroll it down to playon linux image post .

If anything comes up , please let us know .
    Dont miss anything even it is small. one small pin is enough to bring down a man.

Beans

Re: Microsoft Office 2007 Fonts Missing

That didn't work unfortunately. I did find a way to get the font back though. I downloaded the .ttf font from
    HTML Code:
    http://www.ufonts.com/download/times-new-roman/34369.html
    then I saved the file in my play on linux folder. To find the folder I had to press ctrl H to show hidden folders. I saved the .ttf file here PlayOnLinux/wineprefix/Office2007/drive_c/windows/Fonts/
    I don't know what caused the file to go missing but this is my temporary fix and I hope it can help somebody in a pinch.