Thread: POSIX: no route to host

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu

POSIX: no route to host

Hello everyone, let me start by apologizing for my attitude last time I was around. I just just frustrated and it was wrong of me to take it out on you guys. (Referring to my server-email question).

Anyway, I am back because I keep getting this ridiculous issue with my network.

Problem statement: Whenever I go into Cydia to check my repository, it does read in all of my packages, but when I want to install one of those packages, it gives me the POSIX error that there is no route to the host (my server).

Specs:

Server 1-> Runs on port 80, Has Mac OSX Lion, uses webmin for administration, can not run dpkg-scanpackages correctly therefore i have server 2

Server 2-> Runs on port 8080, has Ubuntu server 6, is a g3 power mac, uses webmin for administration, i can run dpkg-scanpackages correctly

Network-> both ports are open and functional outside of my local network, just not in cydia

Disclaimer: Please, don't mention changing my server 2 because I don't have a second server, have no interest in purchasing a new one, and it can only run Ubuntu server 6 since it's a G3.

More information for the repo: http://repo1138.computerfoxdesign.com:8080

NOTE: the domain for computerfoxdesign.com is on server 1, but i can access the repo in safari, just not in cydia.

Food for thought: Could it be possible that Cydia doesn't like port 8080 in the URL?

I tried changing it to server 1, but it still gives me that error.

Any thoughts?
    "Design is not just what it looks like and feels like. Design is how it works. "-Steve Jobs
    Question everything

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu

Re: POSIX: no route to host

Quote Originally Posted by baozaleng View Post
    thanks
    ?
    "Design is not just what it looks like and feels like. Design is how it works. "-Steve Jobs
    Question everything

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu

Re: POSIX: no route to host

Any ideas?
    Question everything