Thread: Please Help Me

Beans

Please Help Me

Alright, so im new to Ubuntu, and i just downloaded the latest version from the homepage. I am running Ubuntu from Windows 7. When i get into Ubuntu it wont let me click on wireless networks when i click on the signal button. There is also a notification popping up telling me to intall the driver called "Broadcom STA wireless driver" BUT whenever i click install driver, it gives me an error message. Like i said im new to Ubuntu but THIS IS COMPLICATED.... can someone please give me a suggestion or something?

Thanks

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

Re: Please Help Me

You need to connect an ethernet cable, then, when you click to install the driver, it will get downloaded and installed.

If you get error messages, post them!

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

Hi, to install the driver from additional drivers you need to be connected to the internet with a hard wire or other means, if you have a connection then please open a terminal ctrl+alt+t copy and paste the following commands into it one line at a time, then paste the results here:

Code:
    cat /etc/lsb-release; uname -a
    lspci -nnk | grep -iA2 net
    iwconfig
    rfkill list all
    lsmod
    by clicking on new reply and click # and paste the information between the brackets.
    Thank you

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by mikewhatever View Post
    You need to connect an ethernet cable, then, when you click to install the driver, it will get downloaded and installed.

If you get error messages, post them!
    i dont have an ethernet cable =s *facepalm*... ill post what the message says in a lil while