Thread: Mint12 desktop, WIndows 7 and Ubuntu server

Beans

Mint12 desktop, WIndows 7 and Ubuntu server

I was trying to install Ubuntu 10.04 server on WIndows 7 box.

I had clonezilla images for server Mint12. I created partitions on WIndows 7 box, restored Mint12 and later the server. Both Linux distros are working fine but WIndows 7, which was working earlier, doesnt work

The error is:status 0xc000000e boot selection failed because a required device is inaccessible.

But when I mount the Windows partitions, all the data in them is intact.

How do I recover windows?
    Last edited by deepakdeshp; January 25th, 2012 at 02:55 AM.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu

Re: Mint12 desktop, WIndows 7 and Ubuntu server

did you delete the mounted volume registry keys before cloning the windows partition?

These guys seem to have it figured out:
    http://sourceforge.net/projects/clon.../topic/3523829

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by Jive Turkey View Post
    did you delete the mounted volume registry keys before cloning the windows partition?
    I did not clone the Windows partition.I made a partition on a WIndows 7 desktop and restored a clone of Ubuntu on this partition. The MBR was overwritten by GRUB , I get the option to boot Windows but when I choose it, the above error occurs. Let me try out the solution.

Beans

Re: Windows 7 and Ubuntu dual boot doesnt work

I use clonezilla to restore images.I had a Mint12 and Ubuntu server 10.04 set up as a multiboot on single disk using grub2. I restored WIndows 7 image on the first partition , then Grub did not recognize Linux partitions,
    I restored 10.04. server on the disk booted from it and did #update-grub. It recognized all partitions and I could boot all distros. But now Windows will not boot.

The error is:status 0xc000000e boot selection failed because a required device is inaccessible.

Beans

I used Windows 7 recovery cd, made it usb bootable with universal usb installer . I booted from this usb and recovered the Windows system and now all the distros are bootable.