Page 120 of 120 FirstFirst ... 2070110118119120
Results 1,191 to 1,196 of 1196

Thread: Moblock (peerguardian linux alternative)

Beans

Re: Moblock (peerguardian linux alternative)

Quote Originally Posted by jre View Post
    When you do the whitelisting also edit the _FORWARD entries (not only _IN and _OUT)
    Thanks. It solved the problem

AP

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by jre View Post
    When you do the whitelisting also edit the _FORWARD entries (not only _IN and _OUT)

Thanks. It solved the problem

AP

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 8.10 Intrepid Ibex

i have recenly started using gmail's imap server. moblock is blocking the signal to retrieve my message to view because moblock is blocking it. according to this page http://mail.google.com/support/bin/a...ful=1&#helpful, the ports that is uses are 993 465 587 ... i have whitelisted these in udp, tcp, in, out and _forward. moblock is still blocking the ip. i don't want to remove the ip from being blocked, i would just like moblock to allow requests from and to these ports. How do i do that?? One other thing, it's worth mentioning that evolution does not hang when i send and recieve. I just cannot view my messages when i click on them. Thanks
    if ignorance is bliss, where are all the happy people
    Jeremy

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 8.10 Intrepid Ibex

I've solved my own problem. the /etc/default/moblock file was overwriting the /etc/moblock/moblock.conf file thus making my changes invalid. I believe this was caused by using the mobloquer gui tool. I believe the file was created by that program. Perhaps i'll just use the moblock-control utility, i've grown acustom to it anyway because there was no gui for so long.
    if ignorance is bliss, where are all the happy people
    Jeremy

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by pelle.k View Post
    What about you creating a new thread, where you have the "first post", and i can link to that one from this thread, until this thread is transitioned away? Just an idea...
    Finally done. You can find the new "General MoBlock thread" in the Networking & Wireless section, or just click here: http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?p=5016102
    I placed the thread there because it is not really an HOWTO any more as your thread originally was.

Thanks for all your work, feel free to step by any time.

Greetings!
    jre
    Please post your logfiles and output of commands wrapped in code tags:
    Code:
    [code]output[/code]
    Co-author of PeerGuardian Linux (pgl). Maintainer of the pgl package repositories for Debian and Ubuntu.

Thread closed and moved to Outdated Tutorials and Tips at the request of the OPer.
    Ubuntu user #7247 :: Linux user #409907
    inconsolation.wordpress.com

Page 120 of 120 FirstFirst ... 2070110118119120