Page 24 of 120 FirstFirst ... 1422232425263474 ... LastLast

Thread: Moblock (peerguardian linux alternative)

Beans
    Hidden!

Re: Moblock (peerguardian linux alternative)

Quote Originally Posted by pelle.k View Post
    Ole32: This last link you provided, http://peerguardian.sourceforge.net/lists/p2p.php is level1 blocklist, and should be included in nipfilter.dat
    How many ranges are loaded when you run moblock?
    I would like to use http://peerguardian.sourceforge.net/lists/gov.php and http://peerguardian.sourceforge.net/lists/p2p.php from PeerGuardian together with blocklists from Bluetack.co.uk

Now I have this in MoBlock (/etc/cron.daily): BLOCKLISTS="nipfilter.dat ads-trackers-and-bad-pr0n"

In Windows with PeerGuardian, when I use eg. eMule, I see many blocked attemps per minute.
    But in Linux with MoBlock and settings I mentioned above, there are almost no blocked connections in /var/log/moblock.log (although I am connected to the same server as in Windows!).
    So I think, that blocklist used from Bluetack aren't so good as the PeerGuardian's...

Beans

Today's update in edgy seems to break moblock: there's an unsatisfied dependence on libnetfilter-queue (requires >=0.0.12, has 0.0.11-1.1)

Any suggestions?

Beans
    Hidden!

There seems to be a version difference between debian and ubuntu,this seems to create all the problems
    I intended a new install,this is what I got:

moblock-nfq:
    Depends: libc6 (>=2.3.6-6) but 2.3.6-0ubuntu20 is to be installed
    Depends: libnetfilter-queue1 (>=0.0.12) but it is not installable
    Depends: libnfnetlink1 (>=0.0.16) but it is not installable
    Depends: libnetfilter-queue1 but it is not installable

using Mepis,which is ubuntu dapper drake based
    I hope this will help

Beans
    Distro
    The Feisty Fawn Testing

I had the same problem in Edgy with the new moblock update. Seems that the naming convention has changed on those two dependencies it needs. Ubuntu is using: libnetfilter-queue and libnfnetlink0 On the debian side of things, the packages are now called libnetfilter-queue1 and libnfnetlink1. I am guessing that its because moblock is designed for debian, I havent seen any changelogs for moblock-nfq yet either. If ubuntu will upgrade those two packages here before edgy is final, it will work, otherwise your still going to get something like:

The following packages have unmet dependencies:
    moblock-nfq: Depends: libnetfilter-queue1 (>= 0.0.12) but it is not installable
    Depends: libnfnetlink1 (>= 0.0.16) but it is not installable
    Depends: libnetfilter-queue1 but it is not installable
    E: Broken packages

I will look more into the moblock-nfq deb package and see if I can change the deps back to the same names they were previously and see what the outcome will be. I will let you know what happens.

Beans
    Distro
    The Feisty Fawn Testing

I took a look at all the moblock sources, in order to build a new moblock package I also need some lib/dev packages that arent available in the edgy repos. It would be nice if the guy working on the moblock package would make some edgy ports of the libnfnetlink1 and libnetfilterqueue1 packages. Once that happened the package would upgrade just fine without breaking. I suggest just keeping moblock 0.8-12 until edgy releases the debian compatible versions of the above files, or wait for the moblock repos to backport them for us. BTW according to the moblock 0.8-13 changelog, the only thing that changed was the dependency names, no extra features or anything like that have been implemented afaik.

Beans

I'm having the same problem with Dapper. I just reinstalled my OS and when I went to install moblock I couldn't.

Beans
    Distro
    The Feisty Fawn Testing

Quote Originally Posted by Michaeldaley View Post
    I'm having the same problem with Dapper. I just reinstalled my OS and when I went to install moblock I couldn't.
    You need to install the moblock 0.8-12 debian package instead of the 0.8-13 and wait until there is a patch for ubuntu to work with >0.8-12.

I have noticed also that 0.8-12 deb package has been completely removed from the repo, if you want the 0.8-12 package and its required deps, please join #linuxsociety on irc.freenode.net and I (ttyfscker) will send you the deb packages through dcc. I would attach them here but debs are not allowed to be posted.. It will be much easier to do on IRC.

Beans

debs are not allowed to be posted
    Compress them as a .tar.gz, then post. That's what most people here do.

Beans
    Distro
    The Feisty Fawn Testing

Quote Originally Posted by termite View Post
    Compress them as a .tar.gz, then post. That's what most people here do.
    I saved the file as a tar archive, it contains libnfnetlink0_0.0.14-1.1_i386.deb
    moblock-nfq_0.8-12_i386.deb
    libnetfilter-queue_0.0.11-1.1_i386.deb

Just untar this archive. Be aware that the relative path is still in the tar archive and it is bound to /var/cache/apt/archive

After you have the files extracted from the tarball use dpkg -i *.deb (but be sure you put just those 3 files in a directory by their self. do not run that command from /var/cache/apt/archive directory!! be sure you have the 3 files in their own directory..
    Attached Files Attached Files

Beans
    Hidden!

Thanks a lot for the files,it will help all of us till somebody comes out with a patch or whatever.

Page 24 of 120 FirstFirst ... 1422232425263474 ... LastLast