Page 16 of 120 FirstFirst ... 614151617182666116 ... LastLast

Thread: Moblock (peerguardian linux alternative)

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 11.10 Oneiric Ocelot

Re: Moblock (peerguardian linux alternative)

hi there,
    need some help here in one thing, i've installed moblock and firehol,( i consider myself a newbie here ), but the thing works good, but every morning when cron is activated, and the block lists are updated, i get no internet. I have to stop moblock-nfq, stop firehol, then start moblock-nfq, then start firehol. Only then i can get back to internet. In cron.daily i have moblock-nfq reload.....

PS: sorry for my english

Beans

I've tried installing moblock but when I try

sudo apt-get install moblock-nfq

it goes to install and then tries to connect to www.bluetack.co.uk and always gets a connection time out.

is the site no longer there?

Beans

i confirm that it's impossible to connect and update lists
    ratai

Quote Originally Posted by ratai View Post
    i confirm that it's impossible to connect and update lists
    ratai
    http://forums.phoenixlabs.org/showth...light=bluetack

I did not notice, because I had other things in mind. A new version of moblock is being uploaded at the moment that will compensate this by using a backup host.

http://moblock-deb.sourceforge.net/

Beans

Ubuntu just told me there's an update available for download for moblock-nfq. Is this the update in your previous post? By updating this it should just go on working as it has for me thus far?

Quote Originally Posted by laytoncy View Post
    Ubuntu just told me there's an update available for download for moblock-nfq. Is this the update in your previous post? By updating this it should just go on working as it has for me thus far?
    Yes, I just changed the URL where it downloads updates for the blocking lists from.
    (This is in /etc/cron.daily/moblock-...)
    Everything else is unchanged.

Beans

hi...my moblock..doesn't block..what should i do?

Beans

Sorry razer(x) but that is like saying your house is broken (when you door doesn't work)
    You have to explain to us what isn't working. Doesn't it start up? Does it give you any error messages somewhere. Doesn't it block ip:s any longer? Is it not updating blocklists (Because if you skim like the recent four posts you will see a fix is already uploaded)

Beans

ehm....my problem is..that...it update..and i think it starts...but....it does'nt blocks..

Beans

it is very difficult for me to understand the difference between iptables, firestarter, and firehole... and today i was try firehol for the first time and after ur tutorial i was blocked (no connection) , not with firehol but when i take lines about moblock in firehol.conf.
    Really in tutorial of firehol it is difficult what is essential and what is not necessary.
    and i finish to reinstall all my ubuntu...

is it possible for simple users to have some exemples of config with a pc with a router nat with firehol and moblock inside the firehol.conf ?
    and a sugggestion to help us, poor users, maybe a script who tail, update, stop and start who is on link on desktop could be easier
    tkx for ur help

Page 16 of 120 FirstFirst ... 614151617182666116 ... LastLast