Page 13 of 120 FirstFirst ... 311121314152363113 ... LastLast

Thread: Moblock (peerguardian linux alternative)

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 7.10 Gutsy Gibbon

Re: Moblock (peerguardian linux alternative)

when I click on the 'moblock simplegui' in accessories I get nothing! installed all relevant dependencies too. Any ideas?

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 7.10 Gutsy Gibbon

Quote Originally Posted by ba5e View Post
    when I click on the 'moblock simplegui' in accessories I get nothing! installed all relevant dependencies too. Any ideas?
    UPDATE: I get the followign running moblock-simplegui from the terminal

willmc@willbuntu:~$ moblock-simplegui
    /usr/bin/moblock-simplegui:66:in `initialize': Failed to open file '/usr/share/pixmaps/moblock-gui.png': Permission denied (GLib::FileError)
    from /usr/bin/moblock-simplegui:66

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by foxy123 View Post
    It looks like Moblocks blocks my local network traffic. Is there any way to allow traffic from the computers which are in my local network?
    MoBlock like PeerGuardian, runs by default on all interfaces. I do not believe this can be configured to only run on the 'internet' interface. I believe it is developed that way in order to prevent computers on a LAN from contacting malicious sites, etc. It would defeat the purpose other wise.

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by c0ugar View Post
    MoBlock like PeerGuardian, runs by default on all interfaces. I do not believe this can be configured to only run on the 'internet' interface. I believe it is developed that way in order to prevent computers on a LAN from contacting malicious sites, etc. It would defeat the purpose other wise.
    so is there any solutiion to that? Any way to whitelist certain ips maybe?
    ASUS Zenbook 14 Ubuntu 22.10

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 6.06

Quote Originally Posted by ba5e View Post
    UPDATE: I get the followign running moblock-simplegui from the terminal

willmc@willbuntu:~$ moblock-simplegui
    /usr/bin/moblock-simplegui:66:in `initialize': Failed to open file '/usr/share/pixmaps/moblock-gui.png': Permission denied (GLib::FileError)
    from /usr/bin/moblock-simplegui:66
    You have to sudo it, otherwise it won't work .

Strangely, the GUI doesn't really help me... I can't find the options to update lists etc., isn't that coded yet or do we have a bug ?

Regards,
    HBK

Beans

I was to code a complete GUI in ruby. Unfortunately i haven't got any time to spare so i just made a "tail" in a "trayable" GTK window. Nothing more, nothing less.
    You can essentially have the same result if you use alltray on a terminal with "tail -f" on moblock.log.

If you want features then wait for mikji to complete "GNOME Blocklist". This is what he wrote earlier in this thread...
    Hi folks,

I don't really post here that much (long time lurker), but I see you're looking for a moblock gui! Well, I've been working on one in gnome-python for the past few days, and it's about half done. I ran across this thread and thought I'd let you guys know about it so you don't duplicate work.

It'll have a dbus daemon, a notification applet and a preferences item. The first is mostly done, the second is trivial and I haven't gotten started on the last part.

I'll start a new thread when my sourceforge project is approved and I release something (a few days to a week).

Here are some screenshots; the first one is of the preference panel, and the second one is what you get when you click the notification icon.
    Moblock shouldn't block LAN ip:s. If it does, it will show up in the log.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 7.10 Gutsy Gibbon

This sounds great! thanks for the help, and well done pelle.k for the howto!

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by pelle.k View Post
    Moblock shouldn't block LAN ip:s. If it does, it will show up in the log.
    I wonder what is that:
    Code:
    Blocked IN: matica.hr,hits: 1,SRC: 192.168.1.3
    192.168.1.3 is a local IP address for my other PC.
    ASUS Zenbook 14 Ubuntu 22.10

Beans

I decided to uninstall Moblock. When I shut down I see the process is running and being terminated. I am sure it is because it starts with Daemon. How do I remove it?

Beans

Bump

Page 13 of 120 FirstFirst ... 311121314152363113 ... LastLast