Page 12 of 120 FirstFirst ... 210111213142262112 ... LastLast

Thread: Moblock (peerguardian linux alternative)

Beans

Re: Moblock (peerguardian linux alternative)

Quote Originally Posted by clessing View Post
    Moblock itself has no whitelisting functionality.

But if it's all about surfing I suggest that you

put WHITE_TCP_OUT="http https" into your moblock start script in /etc/moblock. But that's there by default so you shouldn't have a problem surfing.
    Another possibility to whitelist ips is to put something like

iptables -I OUTPUT -d a.b.c.d -j ACCEPT
    or
    iptables -I OUTPUT -d a.b.c.0/24 -j ACCEPT

into your firewall (first example is a single ip, second example is a net with netmask)
    I've been following this thread and have MoBlock running along with Azureus and it works like a champ. I'm having trouble whitelisting an IP. I tried the above example "iptables -I OUTPUT -d a.b.c.d -j ACCEPT" and put that in my MoBlock-nfq.sh. Now I know it says insert in a firewall but will it work in the startup script because I'm not running a software firewall? If you can put it in the script is there a particular place that it should be inserted?

Quote Originally Posted by laytoncy View Post
    If you can put it in the script is there a particular place that it should be inserted?
    I'd suggest, that you edit /etc/moblock/MoBlock-nfq.sh and put

Code:
    iptables -I MOBLOCK_OUT -d a.b.c.0/24 -j ACCEPT
    just before
    Code:
    /usr/bin/moblock $@
    That should work.

/etc/moblock/MoBlock-nfq.sh is used by the startup scripts in /etc/init.d to start moblock.

To all: I've put a note on the moblock-deb homepage at sourceforge that I'll be away until the 18th of August. "Away" will much likely include also the access to the internet. So I will not respond to posts and emails during the next weeks.
    Last edited by clessing; July 20th, 2006 at 11:04 PM.

Beans

Thank you! That did it.

Beans
    Hidden!

I will restructure the moblock package scripts towards September/October which may include the integration of popular firewall tools. Unfortunately, I'm way to busy to do this earlier.
    I am using Ubuntu 6.06 and Firestarter 1.03. Before I can begin downloading torrents with Azureus I must have the protection of the PeerGuardian lists.

Is the ONLY way to have this happen is to wait for "clessing" to update MoBlock so that it works alongside Firestarter? It would be unfortunate to have to wait a few months since I just bought a server for this and want to try it out ASAP.

Maybe there's something I can do temporarily in the meantime? Can I add the PeerGuardian lists directly to Firestarter?

Beans

If this worked with peerguardnf, it should work with moblock-ipq. If you're using moblock-nfq, use
    Code:
    iptables -A PEERGUARDIAN -j NFQUEUE
    In both cases, have a look at /etc/moblock/MoBlock-nfq.sh, though.
    If firehol is being startet after moblock, it should not be a problem as long as firehol deletes all iptables stuff on startup.
    Okay. I did this, and all network traffic was disabled. Local SSH sessions were disconnected, etc. Not sure exactly how to get MoBlock to work with fireHOL but I'm with another guy, it will suck if we need to wait a month or 2 for this to be worked out. I wouldn't mind getting on IRC and working with others to solve this problem. Altho my time is limited because I work nights, I'd be willing to take a crack at it.

I understand clessing will be away but why wait for him?

Beans

what should I whitelist to unblock a local network?
    ASUS Zenbook 14 Ubuntu 22.10

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 20.04 Focal Fossa

How do you use the GUI? When I click on the accesories>moblock simplegui nothing happens.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 11.10 Oneiric Ocelot

Hi guys, just a quick question:
    If I have my own iptables rules (created using Webmin), will this overwrite them? How can I make both MoBlock, and my own iptables rules run at the same time?

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by Daniel15 View Post
    Hi guys, just a quick question:
    If I have my own iptables rules (created using Webmin), will this overwrite them? How can I make both MoBlock, and my own iptables rules run at the same time?
    Bro you gotta read this thread before posting. It's been stated that there is no defined answer to your question, and other questions that are alike.

If MoBlock is launched after your firewall manager, such as web admin, MoBlock super-cedes anything else. Clessing when he gets back from his personal time off will hopefully define these answers for us.

In the mean time, all you can do is wait or attempt your own work around - Which involves editing MoBlock and WebAdmin. Same with FireHol and FireStarter, etc.

Beans

It looks like Moblocks blocks my local network traffic. Is there any way to allow traffic from the computers which are in my local network?
    ASUS Zenbook 14 Ubuntu 22.10

Page 12 of 120 FirstFirst ... 210111213142262112 ... LastLast