Page 101 of 120 FirstFirst ... 519199100101102103111 ... LastLast
Results 1,001 to 1,010 of 1196

Thread: Moblock (peerguardian linux alternative)

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 9.10 Karmic Koala

Re: Moblock (peerguardian linux alternative)

Code:
    WHITE_TCP_OUT=""
    should be;

Code:
    WHITE_TCP_OUT="80 443"
    but it does not seem to work, port whitelisting seems to be broken. I wish moblock in the log displayed the port that an IP was blocked on.....

Beans

I'm a big time linux newb --- however I thought I'd share my experience with moblock on gutsy. The instant I installed the ipq package, i was blocked from grabbing the npq package --

it seems that the lists used over at bluetack use blanket-blocking.

or perhaps there are moles submitting ip ranges at bluetack to make the use of such blockers more troublesome than they should be

Anyone have a list that isn't so massive - perhaps anti-p2p folks are lurking on every possible server out there

viva la resistance!

Ron Paul for president!

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by ivanpantaleon View Post
    I'm still having troubles surfing the net with Moblock on. Here are the the logs and conf. I am using Fiesty .8-39 of moblock.
    First off, please post your settings and logs only in CODE tags, that makes reading your posts much easier!
    moblock.conf and moblock-control.log look fine so far. Did everything work before the updates of last weekend?

I'm really confused about the reports that whitelisting does not work. I've already received reports saying that everything works.
    So for people with problems: Please post "moblock-control status" and verify in /var/log/moblock.log that the IPs were really blocked by MoBlock. Finally always tell your moblock version.

@deviant420, can't be that you are blocked from installing moblock-nfq. Try again.
    Have a look at /usr/share/doc/moblock-nfq/README.blocklists.gz to learn more about available blocklists. The level1 list is the most popular one. If You change blocklists remember to configure the right blocklist format, too.
    Please post your logfiles and output of commands wrapped in code tags:
    Code:
    [code]output[/code]
    Co-author of PeerGuardian Linux (pgl). Maintainer of the pgl package repositories for Debian and Ubuntu.

Beans

I don't want to sound narcistic bui this could really solve the "whitelisting doesn't work" problem.

If you're behind a router and that one is blocked by moblock (or the blocklists) then whitelisting http is futile:

Quote Originally Posted by moopoo View Post
    Victory! As mentioned before, I couldn't surf the web anymore after the latest update.

I had a look into the log file (/var/log/moblock.log) and realized that moblock now blocks my router.

Code:
    Consig,hits: 10,SRC: 192.168.178.1
    So I edited the config and uncommented the example to whitelist IPs:

Code:
    sudo gedit /etc/moblock/moblock.conf
    Code:
    ################################ Whitelist IPs ################################
    # This is an example to whitelist the range 192.168.178.1-192.168.178.255:
    WHITE_IP_OUT="192.168.178.0/24"

Beans

If you are still having problems with connecting to the internet, try the following in this order:

1. Whitelist your subnet (i.e. ignore blocklist for internal networking)

What is your IP address and corresponding subnet? Check using ifconfig. If your IP address is 192.168.1.118, then you want to whitelist everything on 192.168.1.0/24 in
    /etc/moblock/moblock.conf

WHITE_IP_OUT="192.168.1.0/24"

Don't forget sudo moblock-control restart

2. If you still encounter issues, you may whitelist all http and https services (i.e. ignore blocklist for http and https)

WHITE_TCP_OUT="http https"

I found that WHITE_TCP_OUT="80 443 1000:1024" did not work for me.

Don't forget sudo moblock-control restart

Good luck. Let us know if this helps you (or hit the 'thanks' icon on the bottom right). Thx.
    Last edited by kacheng; December 27th, 2007 at 12:36 PM.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 7.10 Gutsy Gibbon

Quote Originally Posted by jingo811 View Post
    jre wrote:

Yay that solved everything.

Code:
    $ apt-get --purge remove moblock-nfq     ; remove alone keeps your configs, option purge will permanently delete every last file associated with moblock-nfq
    $ apt-get install moblock-nfq
    $ moblock-control update
    $ moblock-control test
    I had an issue with the upgrade, and fortunately running the above steps was able to resolve it.

However, (assuming some developers for moblock are reading this) since I run moblock on a headless system running this reinstall becomes a pain because it blocks communication with my local network. (Since I have to effectively blow away my configuration file) This forces me to haul out a monitor to plug into my system so I can log on locally and fix this issue.

A bit frustrating that this happens what seems to be every time an upgrade comes out.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 7.10 Gutsy Gibbon

I'm unsure what was so broken about 0.8-36, but 0.8-39 fixed all my problems!
    Thanks!

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by theotherbastard View Post
    I had an issue with the upgrade, and fortunately running the above steps was able to resolve it.

However, (assuming some developers for moblock are reading this) since I run moblock on a headless system running this reinstall becomes a pain because it blocks communication with my local network. (Since I have to effectively blow away my configuration file) This forces me to haul out a monitor to plug into my system so I can log on locally and fix this issue.

A bit frustrating that this happens what seems to be every time an upgrade comes out.
    I'm the developer of the debian packages/moblock-control. So all changes (good and bad) in 0.8-xy are from me.
    First, I try to change the conf files as seldom as possible. But if there is an improvement to be done or even an bug to be fixed (as in 0.8-33 - 0.8-39) then I think it's better to change it.

Second, if you install via SSH you already have a connection. Since MoBlock only blocks NEW connections this connection won't be blocked. So if you update and edit the moblock.conf during the same session everything should go well. (This is theory, I'm on an Desktop with Monitor)

Quote Originally Posted by fj4 View Post
    I'm unsure what was so broken about 0.8-36, but 0.8-39 fixed all my problems!
    Thanks!
    /usr/share/doc/moblock-nfq/changelog.Debian.gz tells the story

greets
    jre
    Code:
    [code]output[/code]
    Co-author of PeerGuardian Linux (pgl). Maintainer of the pgl package repositories for Debian and Ubuntu.

Beans

I don't know if this has been covered before but I did search the forums and skim over some of the recent posts.....

I had a few problems getting firestarter to play nice with moblock.... so a little iptables work and.... i think its working now. Its my first post (yes im so n00b) and please be gentle

well i ran a
    Code:
    iptables -L INPUT
    and saw that moblock was way at the bottom of the table. that didnt seem right so a few little commands to move things

Code:
    # remove moblock_in jump from INPUT table
    iptables -D INPUT -p all -m state --state NEW -j moblock_in

# add moblock_in jump from INPUT table
    iptables -I INPUT -p all -m state --state NEW -j moblock_in

# remove moblock_in jump from OUTPUT table
    iptables -D OUTPUT -p all -m state --state NEW -j moblock_out

# add moblock_in jump from OUTPUT table
    iptables -I OUTPUT -p all -m state --state NEW -j moblock_out

# remove moblock_in jump from FORWARD table
    iptables -D FORWARD -p all -m state --state NEW -j moblock_fw

# add moblock_in jump from FORWARD table
    iptables -I FORWARD -p all -m state --state NEW -j moblock_fw
    of course i have no idea if this has been covered... or if this really leaves firestarter fully functional at the same time. i did check to make sure that moblock was loggin hits by doing "tail -f /var/log/moblock.log"

Well its nap time. I hope this helps someone

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by Nisun View Post
    I had a few problems getting firestarter to play nice with moblock.... so a little iptables work and.... i think its working now. Its my first post (yes im so n00b) and please be gentle
    Please don´t be offended, but, lol, you did absolutely the wrong thing
    What you did is good to get MoBlock working but you completely ruined firestarter. There´s no known way to use both of these programs (there´s only a solution for firehol and MoBlock known)
    Let me explain: MoBlock 0.8 either ACCEPTs or DROPs packets. This means as soon as any traffic is sent to MoBlock it will leave iptables - it will not be checked by any following rule - and since you put MoBlock on the first place ...
    This problem will be solved in MoBlock 0.9
    greets
    jre
    Code:
    [code]output[/code]

Page 101 of 120 FirstFirst ... 519199100101102103111 ... LastLast