Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Mate respin of ubuntu

Beans

Re: Mate respin of ubuntu

@Trapper: I used the Perfectminimal script to download and install Lubuntu on my system (which included LXDM or whatever the name of their display manager is). From there, I used the instructions you provided to install LightDM. It asked me what Display Manager I wanted to use, and I selected "Light DM". However, it doesn't look like the LightDM in Ubuntu 11.10...here's a screenshot. How do I change the look of LightDM to what it should be in an Ubuntu install?

The black box is to protect my privacy. It is not a malfunction in the login screen.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by cwklinuxguy View Post
    @Trapper: I used the Perfectminimal script to download and install Lubuntu on my system (which included LXDM or whatever the name of their display manager is). From there, I used the instructions you provided to install LightDM. It asked me what Display Manager I wanted to use, and I selected "Light DM". However, it doesn't look like the LightDM in Ubuntu 11.10...here's a screenshot. How do I change the look of LightDM to what it should be in an Ubuntu install?

The black box is to protect my privacy. It is not a malfunction in the login screen.
    To disable guest session I added a allow-guest=false to my /etc/lightdm/lightdm.conf

[SeatDefaults]
    user-session=mate-session
    allow-guest=false

I did my background and logo customizations in /etc/lightdm/lightdm-gtk-greeter-ubuntu.conf

logo=/path/to/image

background=/path/to/image

(or for background color use a color #)

background=#000000
    Last edited by Trapper; March 20th, 2012 at 05:38 PM.
    Control is a wonderful thing ... but only if you have your own.
    LM13 with MATE DE on:
    BioStar MCP6P-M2 Motherboard * NVIDIA GeForce 6150/nForce 430 Video * AMD Sempron LE1100 1.9GHZ CPU * 2GB RAM * 160 GB SATA2 HD * 320 GB IDE HD

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu

Quote Originally Posted by varunpr97 View Post
    I want to create a mate respin of ubuntu without unity 3d and unity 2d included as default? How do I go about things?
    See relinux to create respins of Ubuntu.

Beans

^Thanks, I'm sticking with Remastersys for now, but someone suggested alternative methods, which I will look into down the road.

@Trapper: I'm not asking how to modify the color scheme and the like, but rather how to change the layout from the one posted above to the Ubuntu default, as shown here.

Beans

Here is my /etc/lightdm/lightdm-gtk-greeter-ubuntu.conf file. The shown background and theme don't exist, so I assume that may be part of my problem. I have no /etc/lightdm/lightdm.conf file, however I do have an /etc/lightdm/lightdm-gtk-greeter.conf file which seems to be the same as what is below, however the layout is not the default Ubuntu one, and I see no place to change it (see above screenshot from Post #31 for how it looks right now). Any help?

#
    # background = Background file to use, either an image path or a color (e.g. #772953)
    # theme-name = GTK+ theme to use
    # font-name = Font to use
    # xft-antialias = Whether to antialias Xft fonts (true or false)
    # xft-dpi = Resolution for Xft in dots per inch (e.g. 96)
    # xft-hintstyle = What degree of hinting to use (hintnone, hintslight, hintmedium, or hintfull)
    # xft-rgba = Type of subpixel antialiasing (none, rgb, bgr, vrgb or vbgr)
    # show-language-selector (true or false)
    #
    [greeter]
    background=/usr/share/backgrounds/warty-final-ubuntu.png
    theme-name=Ambiance
    font-name=Ubuntu 11
    xft-antialias=true
    xft-dpi=96
    xft-hintstyle=slight
    xft-rgba=rgb
    show-language-selector=false

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by cwklinuxguy View Post
    Here is my /etc/lightdm/lightdm-gtk-greeter-ubuntu.conf file. The shown background and theme don't exist, so I assume that may be part of my problem. I have no /etc/lightdm/lightdm.conf file, however I do have an /etc/lightdm/lightdm-gtk-greeter.conf file which seems to be the same as what is below, however the layout is not the default Ubuntu one, and I see no place to change it (see above screenshot from Post #31 for how it looks right now). Any help?

Okay. Here is my edited /etc/lightdm/lightdm-gtk-greeter-ubuntu.conf. After I manually edit it I log out and back in for changes to take affect.

Code:
    [greeter]
    background=#000000
    theme-name=Ambiance
    logo=/usr/share/icons/lightdm/my-lightdm-logo.png
    font-name=Ubuntu 11
    xft-antialias=true
    xft-dpi=96
    xft-hintstyle=slight
    xft-rgba=rgb
    show-language-selector=false
    Here's my complete lightdm.conf.

Code:
    [SeatDefaults]
    user-session=mate-session
    allow-guest=false
    I "think" lightdm.conf was created when I ran:

Code:
    sudo /usr/lib/lightdm/lightdm-set-defaults -s mate-session
    I ran that just prior to starting lightdm service the first time after initial MATE installation. I manually inserted the "allow-guest=false" section to prevent guest login.
    Control is a wonderful thing ... but only if you have your own.
    LM13 with MATE DE on:
    BioStar MCP6P-M2 Motherboard * NVIDIA GeForce 6150/nForce 430 Video * AMD Sempron LE1100 1.9GHZ CPU * 2GB RAM * 160 GB SATA2 HD * 320 GB IDE HD

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234